Some new (and long overdue) pics of my crew

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

It wasn't Betsy, it was that Ginger. Max got too close to her food bowl one day and it was on. Ginger removed part of his ear as a reminder that she is the queen bee. Max now respects the tortitude.

J/K of course. There is a good story behind Max's ear, Betsy will fill you in!

Oh, Nial, I miss your wit - that was a good one, I howled out loud!!!

@ KatKisses: Maxwell, being a nosy little Bengal kitten, decided one evening when he was about 9 weeks old, to climb into a bottom-loading freezer to investigate when it was briefly opened. It got closed before anyone noticed he was in there, and he spent the night in the freezer against a bag of frozen peas.

When it was discovered the next morning that he'd been in there all night, he was frozen still and in a state of suspended animation. Thanks to some quick thinking, he was slowly brought back to temperature and therefore to life, and while he and his spirit recovered fully, unfortunately, the tip of that ear (which had lain against the frozen peas) was lost to frostbite.

He's my miracle boy, hence his name: Meridian Miracle Maxwell.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

@ KatKisses: Maxwell, being a nosy little Bengal kitten, decided one evening when he was about 9 weeks old, to climb into a bottom-loading freezer to investigate when it was briefly opened. It got closed before anyone noticed he was in there, and he spent the night in the freezer against a bag of frozen peas.

When it was discovered the next morning that he'd been in there all night, he was frozen still and in a state of suspended animation. Thanks to some quick thinking, he was slowly brought back to temperature and therefore to life, and while he and his spirit recovered fully, unfortunately, the tip of that ear (which had lain against the frozen peas) was lost to frostbite.

Holy Moly!!! Bless 'im and his little surviving spirit.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG!! Thank goodness it was just the tip of his ear he lost!! What an amazing kitty spirit...

You have beautiful babies.

marymowry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They're all great, but I love the pic of camoflage kitty. He looks ready to ponce!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awwwww, what a tough little guy, makes me love him even more!!!
I think I remember reading about it on here. Kittens sure get into everything, I know that well
. I know that surely was a emotional roller coaster for all involved.
I hope he stays out of trouble from now on!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

Awwwww, what a tough little guy, makes me love him even more!!!
I think I remember reading about it on here. Kittens sure get into everything, I know that well
. I know that surely was a emotional roller coaster for all involved.
I hope he stays out of trouble from now on!
He's actually a REALLY good boy. Before adopting the Bengals, I was very sure to fully investigate the breed and am able to supply him (and his aunt Penny) with all the stimulation they need in order to live happy lives, and never get into trouble.

They stay out of the trash, the cabinets (mostly, LOL, except for the one in the bathroom which opens easily and is at eye level for them) they stay off my bookcases except for the shelves I keep empty just for them to get into, they never break or destroy anything because they have enough toys and other cats to play with to keep from being bored.

One of Max's favorite "toys" is his "wubbie," a leopard print rabbit skin that he drags around the house, and throws up in the air and attacks. It is his prey toy, and I find it in various places all around the house. He's even used it to cover his wet food dish when he was done eating, LOL!!!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He's actually a REALLY good boy. Before adopting the Bengals, I was very sure to fully investigate the breed and am able to supply him (and his aunt Penny) with all the stimulation they need in order to live happy lives, and never get into trouble.

They stay out of the trash, the cabinets (mostly, LOL, except for the one in the bathroom which opens easily and is at eye level for them) they stay off my bookcases except for the shelves I keep empty just for them to get into, they never break or destroy anything because they have enough toys and other cats to play with to keep from being bored.

One of Max's favorite "toys" is his "wubbie," a leopard print rabbit skin that he drags around the house, and throws up in the air and attacks. It is his prey toy, and I find it in various places all around the house. He's even used it to cover his wet food dish when he was done eating, LOL!!!
Awww, that is great that they are so well behaved.
I read up on the breed too, and some of the stuff that people say makes Bengals sound like having a toddler in your house, who has Spiderman powers, LOL. I belive that they are high energy, but there is no way that they are THAT bad, lol.

That is so sweet, Max & his 'wubbie.'
You are going to have to get pics of him playing with it. Bengals are near the top of my long list of breeds that I love/want.
I have a silly cat who covers his food (wet too) with any toy that is near his bowl. Today there was a catnip mouse in the bowl of wet food... after said mouse gets washed, I bet the catnip will be washed off, lol.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

It wasn't Betsy, it was that Ginger. Max got too close to her food bowl one day and it was on. Ginger removed part of his ear as a reminder that she is the queen bee. Max now respects the tortitude.

J/K of course. There is a good story behind Max's ear, Betsy will fill you in!
I read that completely wrong and read that Max got too close to Betsy's food bowl

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

Awww, that is great that they are so well behaved.
I read up on the breed too, and some of the stuff that people say makes Bengals sound like having a toddler in your house, who has Spiderman powers, LOL. I belive that they are high energy, but there is no way that they are THAT bad, lol.
They actually CAN be that bad (and worse) in households where they have no toys and not enough playtime or playmates, because they will go about looking for things to do to keep themselves occupied.

Lots of Bengals wind up being given up due to bad behavior, when it is really the owners that just didn't understand how to care for them properly.

@ Eithne (Icklemiss) I only bite off human ears when people get too close to my food bowl, LOL!