Some lady hit my car...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow...your car was munched. I am so glad that her insurance is paying for the repairs.

Lei

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Wow...your car was munched. I am so glad that her insurance is paying for the repairs.

Lei
Thanks, but that picture was posted by CousinLarry. Mine wasn't as bad as that.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My car is fixed. State Farm paid in full for the repairs and the rental car. The bodyshop did a great job and even left a box of cookies with a card for me!

beach bum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Super! So glad it worked out well. You are fortunate that you were able to deal with two of the very best insurance companies. Our readers should not expect things to go so smoothly when dealing with fly-by-nighters.

I will soon have been with USAA for 50 years, and I know from personal experience that they are the very best. Being able to go with USAA is one of the most valuable long-range benefits of having been in the military. Not only will they treat you fairly, but they will go to bat for you with the other insurance company when an accident is not your fault.

With respect I must venture another comment. One of our gentle readers mentioned that people may be responsible for damage to their own vehicles when in some parking lots, regardless of who is at fault. This, in general, is not the case, even when the lot posts a sign like we have all seen, something like "Persons are responsible for damage to their own cars." Such a sign may sometimes protect the owner of the parking lot himself, but certainly not a negligent operator of another vehicle. In fact, such a sign will, in most states of the US, not even protect the owner of the lot, if damage is caused by the owner, operator or employee of the lot. I mention this so that our gentle readers not be misled by such a self-serving sign and fail to pursue a rightful claim, to their own regret and expense.

Good cheer to all --

Jim

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beach Bum

Super! So glad it worked out well. You are fortunate that you were able to deal with two of the very best insurance companies. Our readers should not expect things to go so smoothly when dealing with fly-by-nighters.

I will soon have been with USAA for 50 years, and I know from personal experience that they are the very best. Being able to go with USAA is one of the most valuable long-range benefits of having been in the military. Not only will they treat you fairly, but they will go to bat for you with the other insurance company when an accident is not your fault.

With respect I must venture another comment. One of our gentle readers mentioned that people may be responsible for damage to their own vehicles when in some parking lots, regardless of who is at fault. This, in general, is not the case, even when the lot posts a sign like we have all seen, something like "Persons are responsible for damage to their own cars." Such a sign may sometimes protect the owner of the parking lot himself, but certainly not a negligent operator of another vehicle. In fact, such a sign will, in most states of the US, not even protect the owner of the lot, if damage is caused by the owner, operator or employee of the lot. I mention this so that our gentle readers not be misled by such a self-serving sign and fail to pursue a rightful claim, to their own regret and expense.

Good cheer to all --

Jim
Thanks, Jim and welcome back to TCS!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My advice would be to CHANGE insurance companys! The whole thing is a load of bull and sounds to ME like your insurance company is just trying to weasle out! Of course in a perfect world she would have admitted her fault and HER insurance company should pay for EVERYTHING. Good luck.