Some Blood On My Cat Please Help :(

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys so before like 30 minutes i was checking my cat and i found some blood not like a lot around my cat penis its stuck to his hair, i cant find any blood on ground or something, guys please help what should i do i am very scared :( there is no any open vets now because its 4 am here should i be worried ?, just for the info we like removed his balls,

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would suspect a urine infection or bladder stones. Is he peeing tiny amounts often? Does he look like he's straining to pee? Have him looked at by a vet ASAP, he might be in a lot of pain.

Please let us know what happens.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean you JUST neutered him? Is it coming from the neuter site? If not he does need a vet asap, it is probably painful to urinate and he may start going elsewhere besides the litterbox.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would suspect a urine infection or bladder stones. Is he peeing tiny amounts often? Does he look like he's straining to pee? Have him looked at by a vet ASAP, he might be in a lot of pain.

I dont know he been acting just like always, i am really scared could he die from this ? i am gonna take him to the vet as soon as i can, i wish i can take him now but its 4:05 am :( i really love my cat his 1 year and 2 months

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you mean you JUST neutered him? Is it coming from the neuter site? If not he does need a vet asap, it is probably painful to urinate and he may start going elsewhere besides the litterbox.
No we neurered him a while back, so his sick ? could this be maybe he ate something bad ? i am really scared for my cat :(

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's not going to die but if this isn't treated he could develop chronic kidney problems later on, so you are right to take him to the vet in the morning. I don't think it's anything he ate.

Good luck, and please let us know what happens.

Is that him in the photo? He's beautiful.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Could you be unaware of how often he goes in the litterbox? While waiting for the first veterinary clinic to open (hopefully an ER hospital), pay close attention to the size and number of clumps. If there are a lot of small clumps, it is an amergency. If there are a few bigger clumps, you can wait until Monday.

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's not going to die but if this isn't treated he could develop chronic kidney problems later on, so you are right to take him to the vet in the morning. I don't think it's anything he ate.

Good luck, and please let us know what happens.

Is that him in the photo? He's beautiful.
Yeah thats him in the photo thank you very much i really like this cat :(

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could you be unaware of how often he goes in the litterbox? While waiting for the first veterinary clinic to open (hopefully an ER hospital), pay close attention to the size and number of clumps. If there are a lot of small clumps, it is an amergency. If there are a few bigger clumps, you can wait until Monday.
Yeah i will take him to the vet asap no matter what

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it's actually blood? Dried urine can look red. Has he had any trouble peeing?

Anyway, yeah, get him into the vet in the morning. Unless he can't pee---then you have to go to an emergency vet.

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it's actually blood? Dried urine can look red. Has he had any trouble peeing?

Anyway, yeah, get him into the vet in the morning. Unless he can't pee---then you have to go to an emergency vet.
i dont know, but its so red i think its blood :(

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So i did go to the vet and he gave my cat some antibiotics and he told me to give it to my cat everyday for 10 days, and told us to buy some new medical food does really that food exists or his trying to make us buy food from him ? anyway now i am really worried about the cat cuz today my cat peed blood too :(

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Make sure your cat gets enough water and canned food. Any canned food is fine. No dry please. Did your vet recommend Hills prescription diet? Again as long as canned, its ok. If blood in urine persists call the vet
Why though most of people feed them dry food, do you mean until he just gets healthy back again or always feed him Canned food ? and do you think Hills is best to get my cat food ?

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bloody urine looks scary but it’s not uncommon with urinary tract infections. It should resolve in a few days, but please keep giving the antibiotic for the full ten days.

Good luck and please keep us informed.

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why though most of people feed them dry food, do you mean until he just gets healthy back again or always feed him Canned food ? and do you think Hills is best to get my cat food ?
I don't wanna sound preachy but in short, dry food is a cheap and convenient way to feed however it dehydrates the cat, causing UTIs

There is the argument that "cats drink water so it shouldn't be an issue", however, cats naturally get their water from their food (water in the animals they kill). So cats naturally do not drink water like us humans

As a result, most cats on 100% dry food tend to have kidney problems, urine crystals, blood in urine.

Canned food provides moisture and allows healthy bladder movement.

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Canned food is definitely more expensive but trust me it's better than spending $1000 going to vet every time you see blood in urine. Recurring UTIs do happen especially in male cats so watch out

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, canned food is so important. My boy cat gets blocked if he eats too much dry food and not enough canned. They need the moisture.

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't wanna sound preachy but in short, dry food is a cheap and convenient way to feed however it dehydrates the cat, causing UTIs

There is the argument that "cats drink water so it shouldn't be an issue", however, cats naturally get their water from their food (water in the animals they kill). So cats naturally do not drink water like us humans

As a result, most cats on 100% dry food tend to have kidney problems, urine crystals, blood in urine.

Canned food provides moisture and allows healthy bladder movement.
I dont know he always ate dry food and this is the first time i had a problem with it