Solution for cat who plasters himself to me while I'm sleeping

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seti is a bed hog! He can't just lay by my feet. He fuses with me on a molecular level. I can't roll over or sometimes even get comfortable because he gets so close to me but I found a solution! I gave him his own teddy bear to curl up with at night. I get a break and it's so cute to see him cuddled up next to the bear! Hope this helps others with similar kitties.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My solution for it is just other cats. They usually group or clump together... though that has it's problems, too.

fisheater

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww that is so cute. I'm glad you found a wonderful solution that works for both you and your kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

My solution for it is just other cats. They usually group or clump together... though that has it's problems, too.
We have 4 cats total. When Seti plasters himself to them they whack him. I'm too much of a sucker to follow their lead!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

We have 4 cats total. When Seti plasters himself to them they whack him. I'm too much of a sucker to follow their lead!
Of my 7 indoor cats, 6 of them will snuggle up to each other. The one that doesn't likes to sleep right by my head - but not on the pillow. She also doesn't like being bumped or pushed against, so she doesn't cling.

I should see if the pictures on my phone are good enough to upload - usually it's the only thing I handy to catch a picture of the cat cluster.

I'd liked to see a picture of Seti with his teddy bear if you have one!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
yep
I use a couple of pillows, but he mostly uses my arm to rest his head on - stretched out, and waiting for the belly rubs - the purr moans with each rub is just too much!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

except I usually end up with four or five plastered to me instead of each other. Definitely makes it hard to turn over.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try to get a picture of him. He usually doesn't get settled until late. He was grooming it's ear last night! I'm still losing sleep but it's because I'm going "Awwwwwww" and watching him rather than closing my eyes and going to sleep. He's so precious!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I can't remember the last time I actually had a good night's sleep because of all the cats sleeping on me! My four don't seem to care how much I toss and turn, they just stay right on top of me in their cluster, except for the one that now and then comes up and lays on my head and licks inside my ear! But I just don't have the heart to lock them outside the bedroom, and figure I'll rest when I die!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only get a good sleep if I limit the number in the bedroom to three or maybe four. They all want to be as close to me as possible, whether under or on top of the covers. So I cannot turn over, move my head or feet, and I wake up with panic suffocating dreams because there is a cat on my chest or head! All too often I give in and let them all in and then I just spend the night trying to turn over.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In the mornings my ex-bf would come into my room to wake me up and apparently all five (at the time) would be sleeping in my bed with me. I knew that they liked to sleep on my bed, I just never knew that they all did it at the same time. That's a lot of kitties to sleep on one queen-sized bed plus me!

I have another solution.... fart on them
. Works for humans at least

(that last thing was a joke- plz no one take it personal. It's just the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title
)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I get all seven in a queen bed. It gets rather packed.

And no, farting doesn't work. DH would have cleared the bed of cats if it did.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, farting does NOT work. If it did, my DH would have accidently killed all the furbabies by now!

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was just joking about the farting thing... it just popped into my head because my ex-bf knew exactly how to get me out of the bed... so that is the first thing I thought of naturally

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Not where I was going with this thread but I had a good laugh! My husband now knows we're all crazy.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will let DW know about this. She is always complaining about Allley pushing hard against her at night as if to join her molucues. Where exactly do you put the teddy bear in rlelation to you? Does this take some time, is there a learning curve?

Here are our assigned sleeping positions: Me - Persi - DW - Alley. Alley leans so hard that at times DW picks her up and puts her in the middle. We must remember that Persi is listed by Dallas as a "vicious animal" so this never works, Alley flees and sneaks back later at night, pushing harder than ever. Please describe the bear, or take a picture, and where you place it in relation to your body. DW has got to try this!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is SO ANNOYING and uses humans a jungle gyms and kneading pads. She also plasters and attempts to get under your skin. I have way less trouble sleeping comfortably with a bed of multiple full grown Dobermans then one sole 6 lb kitty!

See my signature, I finally decided gotta love the kitty more than sleeping comfortably, because I can't change/train my little kitty.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I will let DW know about this. She is always complaining about Allley pushing hard against her at night as if to join her molucues. Where exactly do you put the teddy bear in rlelation to you? Does this take some time, is there a learning curve?

Here are our assigned sleeping positions: Me - Persi - DW - Alley. Alley leans so hard that at times DW picks her up and puts her in the middle. We must remember that Persi is listed by Dallas as a "vicious animal" so this never works, Alley flees and sneaks back later at night, pushing harder than ever. Please describe the bear, or take a picture, and where you place it in relation to your body. DW has got to try this!
Well what I do is let him get comfortable wherever he is which is usually against my legs. Then I put the teddy on the other side of him. Once he falls asleep I just slide him over a bit closer to the bear. That gives me some space. He just sort of snuggles with the bear from then on. I don't mind him next to me but I do mind how hard he presses against me. It doesn't work every single time but it is making a difference.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to try to put a pic up of Seti and his teddy. They're in premidmorning nap mode. He isn't snuggled up with the bear though. Attachment 14229