Soldier with Kitten

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at the tenderness with which that soldier is touching that darling kitten. So gentle and soft. It is very incongruous given the scary uniform and gun! Beautiful

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is great... i live on a military base and my favorite thing in the world to see is these big strong guys that are all done up in their BDU's and they are carrying this little child with them(usually going into daycare or the BX) and the kid has their head resting on his shoulder asleep...
i know this is kinda branching off the main subject, but i just thought i would share... no matter how many times i see it i will feel the same way everytime, i dont know what the feeling is... but it is kinda weird to see someone that is trained to fight have such a gentle touch...
a lot of the guys that i know out here are like that... you would just never guess that they do what they do, they are the sweetest things

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Awww - that photo brings a lump to my throat - I wonder if that soldier has kitties at home missing their human
Never thought about that. Gives the picture a whole new meaning, huh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

it is great... i live on a military base and my favorite thing in the world to see is these big strong guys that are all done up in their BDU's and they are carrying this little child with them(usually going into daycare or the BX) and the kid has their head resting on his shoulder asleep...
i know this is kinda branching off the main subject, but i just thought i would share... no matter how many times i see it i will feel the same way everytime, i dont know what the feeling is... but it is kinda weird to see someone that is trained to fight have such a gentle touch...
a lot of the guys that i know out here are like that... you would just never guess that they do what they do, they are the sweetest things
Megan, I know what you mean! My office is right across the street from the CDC (Child Development Center) and I get to see the soldiers with their children every day...you're right, it is very touching

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know for the most part I think people have a lot of preconcieved ideas about the military. Sure there are a few members who have had bad press recently - and some quite rightly so - but I know a lot of soldiers in the Scottish army and although they've been out in the frontline of several warzones with their guns and tanks and all the rest of it, they're all soft as butter underneath. Most of them spent their time there wishing they were back at home. One man I know spent his journey out bawling because he was leaving his elderly cat behind. Most armed services are the same I think... firemen tend to be pretty soft characters too... and yet these individuals are the people who put their lives on the line for others? I think there's a lot to be said for them
Did you also know that most Hell Angels adore the works of Shakespeare? There's a softie underneath the outer shell. But yeah.. that picture is sooo uber sweet!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this photo! Thanks so much for posting it! I actually saw it about a year ago in Time magazine. I was so taken with the story that I sent it to everyone I knew. I think, if I can recall correctly, that the kitten was a stray...and all the guys loved her so much she actually joined their mess hall as a Mascot!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I see pictures like this it always reminds me of my Dad. He was in the army in Vietnam. He is and always has been the biggest softy when it comes to kitties. He used to always bring home stray animals and keep them or rehome them when I was a kid. So I can totally imagine my Dad doing something like that.