Software update to Monterey on mac

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone updated to Monterey on their mac? If so, did you find it useful and how or how not? I usually wait a bit before doing any updates and I'm not sure if the features would be beneficial to me at this time or not.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Has anyone updated to Monterey on their mac? If so, did you find it useful and how or how not? I usually wait a bit before doing any updates and I'm not sure if the features would be beneficial to me at this time or not.
I have the latest version on my 2017 MacBook Pro. So far, no issues and features wise, I'm ok with it and maybe got to get use to Safari and Photos as I think there are some changes and I've yet to discover anything new as I move along.

Maybe my comments are not helpful to you as I'm a light user :lol: Let those that work hard on Mac to let you know more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe my comments are not helpful to you as I'm a light user :lol: Let those that work hard on Mac to let you know more.
Thanks so much and actually your comments are helpful - I appreciate your input. :thanks: I tend to hold off on the software updates just in case there are any glitches. When I looked at what the Monterey update included I didn't think it would benefit me but it's my understanding if you don't do the software updates you may encounter other problems eventually.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks so much and actually your comments are helpful - I appreciate your input. :thanks: I tend to hold off on the software updates just in case there are any glitches. When I looked at what the Monterey update included I didn't think it would benefit me but it's my understanding if you don't do the software updates you may encounter other problems eventually.
I usually wait for awhile till the software sought of stabilized than I update it and in between, just update the bug fixes and as there are new products are in the market, it's good to update the software so that your device can work with the newer stuffs even though I may or may not have them.

It's like buying a device but you don't need all the features but it comes with it. So I just update whenever there's an update.