Socializing

Lucy&Ethel’s Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am fostering 5 seven week old kittens. They were found in the dunes in Cape May with their mother. I’ve had the kittens now for a week and a half. Two I have gotten used to my touch. Two remember they like being pet after the get cornered. One attacks every time. I needed them all to be socialized so they can be adopted. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely watch that video! It’s all great advice and should work for those kittens. Sometimes if one kitten watches a litter mate trusting you then they gain confidence. You will probably need some one on one time with the most scared of the bunch. Food is the greatest tool for bonding time. Bravo to you for working with these babies! Socializing ferals of all ages gives them them their best chance at a long and wonderful life. Please do keep us updated. :clap2:

Stephabrown36

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am in the same boat, just trapped 5 feral kittens around 6-7 weeks old, and all rescues/experienced fosters are full so I’m trying to get them socialized myself until something opens up. Watched a few YouTube’s that were very helpful, however they are refusing to eat with my sitting outside the crate/in the room. How do I start the socialization if they refuse to eat with me in the room since food is the socialization tool!?