socalising newborns

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would be very put out if she did that and refuse to give her tuna or scritches. lol

she only really likes me and tolerates everyone else so i dont think i'll have to worry about that.

were the babies pure bred or mixed siamese?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mk keep a bottle of formula (at room temp) on hand when you pick up the babies, and offer them a drink while you are holding them. That will ease mom, because they will be busy with the bottle and not mewing to get her distressed.

About signs? There are none. MacKenzie struck me once when her kittens were just days old. She struck just like a rattlesnake sinking her teeth into my wrist. The only way she released me was by me dropping the kitten- I was sitting on the floor, so the kitty didn't drop very far. The feral moms are quick and so anyone dealing with a feral mom needs to be careful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've been working very hard with her teaching her not to bite and scratch and i think its paying off. when she wants me to stop touching the kitten she pats my hand with her paw and very gently moves it with her mouth.

this is usually when she wants to be stroked herself then she'll move my hand to her head or when she wants to wash the kitten and i'm just being a big lug getting in her way.

thanks for all your advice, hopefull this kit will end up a lot more people friendly then mav was