So yeah....now I have 6 kittens...

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they adopt out the pregnant moms to very experienced cat owners who have knowledge of labor/delivery procedures?
NOPE!!! When I went in with MIL to look for a kitty, they had 2 Mommas with their babies and a female Lab mix with her litter of 3 pups and a Pitbull Momma and her 2 pups.They keep Mom and babies together at the shelter.That's why I don't understand why they DON'T work with Fosters.
They don't vaccinate ANY of the animals UNTIL they are adopted and about to go out the door.
Trust me about the aggresion issue!!! They will NOT ask rescues to step in.Remember my Cocker that bite Jordan on the face?I took him there and they told me he'd be put down if a rescue didn't come IN and FIND him.I called a rescue and they came and got him from there.
Here is what it says about spaying/neuterering..........they adopt them out UN-ALTERED!!!
The shelter's adoption fee includes a certificate for spaying/neutering which is required under the adoption agreement for all animals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

NOPE!!! When I went in with MIL to look for a kitty, they had 2 Mommas with their babies and a female Lab mix with her litter of 3 pups and a Pitbull Momma and her 2 pups.They keep Mom and babies together at the shelter.That's why I don't understand why they DON'T work with Fosters.
They don't vaccinate ANY of the animals UNTIL they are adopted and about to go out the door.
Trust me about the aggresion issue!!! They will NOT ask rescues to step in.Remember my Cocker that bite Jordan on the face?I took him there and they told me he'd be put down if a rescue didn't come IN and FIND him.I called a rescue and they came and got him from there.
Oh wow! That is definitely not a no-kill shelter. They sound like they have some odd policies. Oh yes, and now you're the foster God meowmy to 6 foster babies
hehe...wanna help share the litter pan duties

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! That is definitely not a no-kill shelter. They sound like they have some odd policies. Oh yes, and now you're the foster God meowmy to 6 foster babies hehe...wanna help share the litter pan duties
Ummmmmmm,
SURE!!!! I
babies!!!
ps, this shelter is about 45-60 minutes away from me.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But, I must warn you............I will cuddle them ALOT!!! And don't worry, I won't sick mean old Blaze on them either

pssssssst, where the pics of my God babies?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But, I must warn you............I will cuddle them ALOT!!! And don't worry, I won't sick mean old Blaze on them either
Awww! No picking on Blaze now! lol...if you keep that up imma have to take that baby to my house and spoil her

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trust me she is the most spoiled out of all of them

She gets to sleep in Jordan's room at night if she wants to.None of the others are allowed to do that........ONLY because they play too much and keep the kids up at night and the kids complain about lack of sleep.I jsut tell them "wait until you have kids!"

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Kenzie is going to a new home tomm. give her a hug from her God Meowmy and tell her I send my love.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Since Kenzie is going to a new home tomm. give her a hug from her God Meowmy and tell her I send my love.
I will definitely give Kenzie hugs and kisses for you tomorrow
i just had her out a minute ago to play and run around- wow, she hates those kittens lol...that or they don't like her. poor baby! She ran away from them and to her meowmy to hide. I've had her out for a while now just holding her and kissing her. I'm gonna miss this little angel soooooooooooooooo much
I REALLY don't want to take her tomorrow, but I know that if i don't while she's young, the chances of her finding a good home as an adult black cat dramatically decline (adult black cats are statistically the last cats to be adopted out of animal rescues, and large adult black dogs are the same way.) So the younger I can get her in (at a healthy age
) the better chance she stands to find that perfect home for her - preferable one with a doggie like Fosters
. I'm definitely gonna have a hard time handing them over to her tomorrow- if they can even pry her out of my hands
. I have no doubt she will find a good home though- and I will definitely be up there to check on her and play with her until she does. / By the way- I LOVE your avaitor title

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok everyone! I just posted a few pictures of the kittens in the pictures thread. I will post more tomorrow! Enjoy!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Ok everyone! I just posted a few pictures of the kittens in the pictures thread. I will post more tomorrow! Enjoy!
They are to cute!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

They are to cute!
awww thankyou! i will post some more pictures tomorrow

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way- I LOVE your avaitor title
Thanks!!!! You made it possible to have that title

The babies are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Kenzie will find a loving home and she will be sooooooooo spoiled.NOT that she wasn't there!! Just trying to make you feel better.
You have given her so much Love

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to make you feel better, I live in a rural area, town pop of 1087. The HS here is 15 minutes away...in a slightly larger town. They had a DMH blakc/gold eye spayed female...aprox. 1 year. Very shy/timid. She was adopted out to a family without any kids, or exictable dogs(their dog was like 13 y/o) or other cats. She was only at the shelter 1 1/2 months. The average stay on indoor only adult cats here is 4 months. We have good luck with the black ones here!

Man, I wish you lived closer...there's one kitten at the shelter I want you to be caring for!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok....so i'm about to cry, but I guess it's a good thing!!
. I just took all five of the newest kittens to the shelter for the check ups and the vet said that they were in good enough condition and old enough to be placed up for adoption. I just found out today that the new PetSmart in our town has set up a special section of their store as a permenant adoption area for our animal shelter (Our volunteers will be comming in 2-3 times a day to feed them, socialize them, and check on them- we also have a little area to vaccinate them in.) Petsmart really went out of their way to accomidate our shelter animals! I talk to the president of our shelter earlier and she said that so far, the satelite adoption center at Petsmart is working increadably well- we've already had dozens of kittens and cats adopted out of there! What wonderful news!! Also, no adoption fees go to benefit the store- they all go difrectly to the shelter to help the animals.
. So as of right now, Kenzie as well as all 5 of the new kittens are on their way to the new Petsmart to be fully vaccinated then placed up for adoption. I am emailing the president of the shelter all of their pictures to post on the website so that they will also get lots of views. Wish those babies luck everyone! Hopefully all 6 of them will find homes soon! I definitely wasn't expecting to go from 6 kittens in one day to 0....so right now i'm a little sad and Colin's house definitely feels empty with just Fosters and I here at the moment .
but it's for the best, the sooner the kittens are able to get out there and be seen, the sooner they can be placed in loving forever homes. I will be checking on them periodically until they are all adopted out- so I will let ya'll know whenever one gets a home. If you don't mind sparing a few ((((adoption vibes))) that would be wonderful for those little fluffy ones. Thanks again everyone.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Ok....so i'm about to cry, but I guess it's a good thing!!
. I just took all five of the newest kittens to the shelter for the check ups and the vet said that they were in good enough condition and old enough to be placed up for adoption. I just found out today that the new PetSmart in our town has set up a special section of their store as a permenant adoption area for our animal shelter (Our volunteers will be comming in 2-3 times a day to feed them, socialize them, and check on them- we also have a little area to vaccinate them in.) Petsmart really went out of their way to accomidate our shelter animals! I talk to the president of our shelter earlier and she said that so far, the satelite adoption center at Petsmart is working increadably well- we've already had dozens of kittens and cats adopted out of there! What wonderful news!! Also, no adoption fees go to benefit the store- they all go difrectly to the shelter to help the animals.
. So as of right now, Kenzie as well as all 5 of the new kittens are on their way to the new Petsmart to be fully vaccinated then placed up for adoption. I am emailing the president of the shelter all of their pictures to post on the website so that they will also get lots of views. Wish those babies luck everyone! Hopefully all 6 of them will find homes soon! I definitely wasn't expecting to go from 6 kittens in one day to 0....so right now i'm a little sad and Colin's house definitely feels empty with just Fosters and I here at the moment .
but it's for the best, the sooner the kittens are able to get out there and be seen, the sooner they can be placed in loving forever homes. I will be checking on them periodically until they are all adopted out- so I will let ya'll know whenever one gets a home. If you don't mind sparing a few ((((adoption vibes))) that would be wonderful for those little fluffy ones. Thanks again everyone.
I guess its good for the kittens but sad for you! You have no kitties with you.
Are you going o get another foster soon?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Just to make you feel better, I live in a rural area, town pop of 1087. The HS here is 15 minutes away...in a slightly larger town. They had a DMH blakc/gold eye spayed female...aprox. 1 year. Very shy/timid. She was adopted out to a family without any kids, or exictable dogs(their dog was like 13 y/o) or other cats. She was only at the shelter 1 1/2 months. The average stay on indoor only adult cats here is 4 months. We have good luck with the black ones here!

Man, I wish you lived closer...there's one kitten at the shelter I want you to be caring for!
It sounds like your local shelter has an excellent adoption rate! That is wonderful

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!!!! The 5 kittens are comming back home with my tomorrow! / My friend from the shelter just stopped by the house to tell me that the 5 kittens had a small infection that they didn't realize till they got ready to take them to the adoption day.(i'm not happy that they're sick, i'm just happy i won't be kittenless for much longer! I was starting to feel all alone without the kittens to take care of!) So tomorrow they are brining the kittens back to my house to foster until they get better! i was starting to feel really sad when I went from 6 to 0 kittens in less than two hours, so now i'm happy again!