So who is right?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And this is why when my current DH and I got married it was just Us, the 2 boys, my parents, his mom and my best friend who was the notary... It's all too much trouble!

Is this an all out wedding or an intimate?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok now for an update. She has decided that the wedding is back on and we are all once again invited. She asked if we could all pretend noone of this ever happened. So far I have on;y spoken to her once. She caled to see if I wanted an invitation asa keepsake..a keepsake of what the fighting?! I have offered to arrange to be at the shower thing but I haven't heard anyhting back. She may be at lunch. Meanwhile I did make the decoration for the bubbles and help make the baskets for the bubbles. We will see how things go from here....

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

She also told my mom that she should take back all the stuff she bought for the wedding becasue they are just going to go to the court house and our family isn't invited. I dont' know how long that will last but at this point I really don't care. Its a releif to me not having to stress over the details and then getting slammed by bridezilla for caring enough about the wedding for attempting to help plan.
Just because it is a court wedding doesn't mean it is not a big event. I had a court wedding. My wedding was beautiful. I wished I had wore a veil but other than that I had no regrets.

Court wedding is as big or small as she wants to be.

Speaking of the bubbles. I was at l'Occitane yesterday and they had bubbles 75% off. I almost brought some except I am married already. The bottles were exquisite.

If you don't like her you should only buy stuff that are 75% off for her wedding. She wouldn't even notice the difference.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Ok now for an update. She has decided that the wedding is back on and we are all once again invited. She asked if we could all pretend noone of this ever happened. So far I have on;y spoken to her once. She caled to see if I wanted an invitation asa keepsake..a keepsake of what the fighting?! I have offered to arrange to be at the shower thing but I haven't heard anyhting back. She may be at lunch. Meanwhile I did make the decoration for the bubbles and help make the baskets for the bubbles. We will see how things go from here....
If she is asking you to pretend that none of this happened, it probably means that she feels bad about the tension (even if she does not acknowledge that she is the source of it). This is a hopeful sign, as is her offering you a keepsake - I would graciously accept it if I were you, no matter how I felt about it privately.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may get bashed for this because I didn't read the other replies yet.

This is your sisters wedding and you simply have to be there. I know its hasty for her to make this decision so quickly. But she is still your sis and its her big day. You will most likely regret it if you don't go. No matter what the situation is, families should be supportive of eachothers weddings I think.

Family is important, even if their freaks.

But no hard feelings, this is just what I think

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah I won't bash you. She has really treated me crappy though. I do understand it is her wedding. As of now I am making plans to be at her shower thing. I can only do as much as I can afford though and she will have to deal with that.