So what's on the menu tonight?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today was my MIL's birthday so my one-armed SIL and I made a beautiful prime rib roast with pan roasted potatoes, fresh asparagus with hollandaise (again) and broccoli. For dessert I made a pecan pie and a chocolate pie which we had with whipped cream. My MIL was very happy. My SIL really wanted to do it but could not manage with only one arm so I was happy to help out.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Today was my MIL's birthday so my one-armed SIL and I made a beautiful prime rib roast with pan roasted potatoes, fresh asparagus with hollandaise (again) and broccoli. For dessert I made a pecan pie and a chocolate pie which we had with whipped cream. My MIL was very happy. My SIL really wanted to do it but could not manage with only one arm so I was happy to help out.
I imagine you were! That would have been a ball to do! Serious yums.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We try to do meatless on Mondays. Tonight's dinner will be penne with spinach and onions. I hope it's good, haven't tried it before.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If the cellar hasn't flooded by the time Aaron gets home from work, we are going out. If it has, we are having leftover hamburgers.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I replied to Linda earlier, I almost also said I hadn't a clue about tonight as I hadn't done any thinking about it. Well, it's true I hadn't done any thinking about it, but once I started, I realized I still don't know, because we're invited out.
All I know for sure is that with R&C cooking, it will be exceedingly yummy.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i had Risotto it was yummy i even had a slice of brown bread to go with it... i do miss cooking actually sucks living with the parents

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Something with Italian sausage tonight but I have no idea what!
Me too - Im making a pasta where the sauce is very chunky from big sausage pieces and diced tomatoes...I add fennel to this sauce and it becomes very very delicious....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

Me too - Im making a pasta where the sauce is very chunky from big sausage pieces and diced tomatoes...I add fennel to this sauce and it becomes very very delicious....
Oooh I can just taste that! The fennel would be a perfect addition.

Tonight we had shrimp and mussels in a tomato garlic sauce with linguine.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, our dinner got postponed. Actually, knowing what we knew last night about a commitment of one of the parties, it did not come as much of a surprise to either of us. It'll be better without that weighing on him, anyway.

So, it's back to square one, and I find I have a massive craving for Vietnamese Fried Rice and Calamari Julienne. So, we're ordering in. If I get two Calamaris and add a Duck Anisette to that, there may be enough for a pair of lunches, too.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having trouble putting proteins and starches together creatively today. Maybe the answer is to do cheese soufflÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]s and a salad.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually cooked this evening!

I made spagetti.
It was whole wheat spagetti and I made my own sauce and everything with ground chicken. It must have been good because Dana inhaled it.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Roast chicken breasts with linguine and salad tonight. And I made a lemon meringue pie (from a packet though).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well this thread died in a big way.

I ended up making a big lunch today of pasta with chicken, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic in a white wine and parmesan sauce.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Well this thread died in a big way.

I ended up making a big lunch today of pasta with chicken, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic in a white wine and parmesan sauce.
That sounds yummy, was that a recipe or did you wing it?