So what's on the menu tonight?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

YUM. Haven't had trout for a long time. Must remember that the next time I want to do fish.

I have a hankering for baked ham and scallopped potatoes. I hope my ham source has the ones I like -- I'm spoiled for anything else now, so if they don't, I'll have to move to Plan B -- and I haven't a CLUE what that is! I guess it'll depend what else looks good.
Well, hankering postponed.

For starters: the kids are both down with the flu so elected not to come and infect us -- suits me fine -- which means it was just us for dinner tonight, so I decided to postpone the ham until we have more people at the table. So, to Plan B: I didn't even bother going to Stong's, but hit 4th Avenue and found some lovely lamb chops, which I panfried with rosemary, and served with Jasmine Rice and asparagus -- not just any asparagus, though: I have a precious bottle of smoked olive oil that I received as a gift, and in my search for interesting things to do with it, I bumped into the suggestion to roast asparagus. Product not too dissimilar to that which comes off the BBQ, wehn we grill 'grass. Product extraordinarily lovely. A mango and some blueberries got intoxicated, wrapped in crepes, garnished with whipped cream. Tasty, easy dessert.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I didn't know people couldn't like shepherd's pie!!!
I am SO not a fan.

Well after I've been up since 5am at a cat show I was looking forward to Chicken Tenders & Wedges lovingly being shaken out of their frozen pack and baked to perfection by Kieran but he's just been called out to a job so it looks like I'll be delaying study so I can get some cooking out of the way!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight is roast chicken! I smelled it the other day and so I was craving it!

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're having tostados tonight. Its something the kids love.

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmamiof4

We are having stuffed chicken (stuffed w/ asiago, parmesian, toasted pine nuts, spinach and lots of garlic) with sauteed broccoli rabe and some pasta w/ a homemade wwhite wine cream sauce....yum!! ( this is a favorite by all)
This sound wonderful and I would love recipe if you don't mind giving it out.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh, it's so easy, it's embarrassing! !
Sometimes easy is real tasty.
Thanks.

I put a pork roast in the crock pot this morning, so we had that tonight. Plenty left for another day.

LOTS of Halloween candy for dessert.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Tonight is roast chicken! I smelled it the other day and so I was craving it!
i get cravings like that all the time!

Tonight I took DH out to a nice steak restaurant and we are now sufficiently stuffed full of red meat and garlic potatoes.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a beautiful lunch - spinach and feta quiche and a nice garden salad to celebrate the onset of Summer.

Not sure what is for tea. I've got a big exam tomorrow, so hopefully Kieran makes me something otherwise it will be a yoghurt and some cheese.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

We had a beautiful lunch - spinach and feta quiche and a nice garden salad to celebrate the onset of Summer.

Not sure what is for tea. I've got a big exam tomorrow, so hopefully Kieran makes me something otherwise it will be a yoghurt and some cheese.
Spinach and feta - one of my favourite combinations! Add garlic to the mix and I am in heaven!

You need something substantial before the exam so you have energy!

Good luck with the exam Sam!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Spinach and feta - one of my favourite combinations! Add garlic to the mix and I am in heaven!

You need something substantial before the exam so you have energy!

Good luck with the exam Sam!
Yum garlic. I don't have any garlic at the moment - and am trying to avoid the supermarket at the moment for obvious reasons.

Thanks Kellye. My exam isn't until 1.30 so I'll probably have a big lunch before hand. I prefer the PM ones to the AM ones.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Yum garlic. I don't have any garlic at the moment - and am trying to avoid the supermarket at the moment for obvious reasons.

Thanks Kellye. My exam isn't until 1.30 so I'll probably have a big lunch before hand. I prefer the PM ones to the AM ones.
I prefer the pm exams too - thankfully all of mine are either in the arvo or in the evening. 3 more to go...ugh!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I prefer the pm exams too - thankfully all of mine are either in the arvo or in the evening. 3 more to go...ugh!
I've got 3 to go too but then again I only have 3.

You'll be pleased to know Kieran just brought me down some roast chicken, salad with greens, avocado, feta and grapes and some seasoned rice. It was all very delicious and has given me a booooost!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gotta love our chef at work, she gives me all the lovely recipes.
Although this is a breakfast dish there, it is now a dinner dish at my house!

Pea and corn fritters with rocket salad on top, meant to pick up some gravalax salmon to go on top but looks like a poached egg will be! the bacon we have is very lean and does not go well with it!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday dinner today is 2 gammon joints-one is in a honey glaze and the other is in a mustard and 3 cheese crust-
yummy, can't wait
, new potatoes, leeks, carrots, stuffing and yorkshire puds. Gosh my mouth is watering now, hurry up and cook
. I will have to have cranbery saucewith it, its my fave.x