So what's on the menu tonight?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It did kind of take a nose dive, didn't it, Karen?

Well, the chef is on the sidelines these days, except for planning and coaching, but the sous-chef is doing a fine job. He did a nice pasta on Saturday, a lovely Butter Chicken on Sunday, a Thai stirfry on Monday, Smokies and Panfries last night. I think I may suggest mac and cheese for tonight.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Well, the chef is on the sidelines these days, except for planning and coaching, but the sous-chef is doing a fine job. He did a nice pasta on Saturday, a lovely Butter Chicken on Sunday, a Thai stirfry on Monday, Smokies and Panfries last night. I think I may suggest mac and cheese for tonight.
I haven't been doing the same amount of cooking since I moved out on my own but my new friend cooks which is a refreshing change for me so we sort of take turns cooking and sharing.
He makes an awesome strawberry shortcake biscuit and fabulous ribs.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Well this thread died in a big way.

I ended up making a big lunch today of pasta with chicken, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic in a white wine and parmesan sauce.
now I am hungry

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I am going to make something I have had a craving for: Shrimp, Crab, and Artichoke Hearts au Gratin. From the Colorado Cache cookbook. Yummmm!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Tomorrow I am going to make something I have had a craving for: Shrimp, Crab, and Artichoke Hearts au Gratin. From the Colorado Cache cookbook. Yummmm!
Oh, yummmmmmmmmmmm

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

It is sooooooo good. The first thing I ever cooked for my husband (of 19 years.) I'll post if you want.
I'd love it -- yes please!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Your sous chef sounds much more capable than mine!

Today we are having the leftovers from yesterday's pasta.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Your sous chef sounds much more capable than mine!
He's much more able than he thinks, actually, but he's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of practice. But the moves are coming back, and it's mostly the logistics that are rusty, not the instincts. He's even thinking about some of the things he used to do, and wondering about trying them again.

Today we are having the leftovers from yesterday's pasta.
He did the M&C last night. It was great and, like you, we'll have leftovers tonight. He has to get out to choir practice (not me
yet) so it'll make an easy quick meal.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So I only post to this thread when I am making something decent for dinner.

Tonight is PEI mussels cooked in wine with chourico, pepper, onion and garlic. Served with garlic bread to soak up the sauce.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we had spag bol for tea tonight, its not as good as i make it
i really miss cooking for myself and blaine i made some quite nice things

buttercup29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

So I only post to this thread when I am making something decent for dinner.

Tonight is PEI mussels cooked in wine with chourico, pepper, onion and garlic. Served with garlic bread to soak up the sauce.
Oh if my DH saw this he'd want to come over and help you eat this. I am not a fan of mussels but he will eat them all day if he could. Especially PEI ones as that is where is family is from.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A great big fat 3 meat kebab...chicken donner, chicken shish and lamb doner meat on a great big cheese and garlic naan bread, with garlic mayo and mint yoghurt sauce and I will enjoy every minute of it
I am feeling a bit down. x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Ruthy - Anyway I needed to look up what you said http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab Where I live, the common signage would say "Halal meat" ... I don't think I've ever seen a "Doner" sign --maybe they're there but I don't notice them
I think it is Halal meat, I'm still waiting for him to come back with it and I'm sooo hungry, they are sooo yummy
x