So What's On the Menu Tonight?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had vegetarian tacos: sharp cheddar, lettuce, onions, and Paul Newman's Pineapple Salsa on Old El Paso shells.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my diet is officially busted!
. We wnt to a friends for a cookout this evening and had a couple of vodka and gingerales for my cocktail and for appetizers we had crackers and hummus and apple slices with a cheesecake creamcheese dip, for supper I had a hamburger, slaw, fries, and a DR. PEPPER with Tennessee Sippin Whiskey, and while the others had real strawberry ice cream, (I'm allergic to strawberries), I had cookies and we completed the meal with decaf coffee.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sunday dinner at Mom's today, my dad made ribs and we had red beans and rice to go along with it. My dad makes the best ribs ever

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grilled shark steaks and corn on the cob. The marinade for the steaks was called "To Die For" and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty proud of myself...first time I've grilled shark and it will not be the last time. YUM!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I made homemade spaghetti sauce & angel hair pasta for dinner. I also fixed up some cheesy toast to go with it. It was pretty good

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pasta night for me tonight, I am having Penne, a nice blush sauce with mushrooms, zucchini and chicken, some crusty garlic bread and for dessert a chocolate cupcake..

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think tonight it's going to be 1 or 2 bowls of cereal, Special K with yogurt berries, I think. And for dessert my homemade sugar cookies with M&Ms in them.

Boyfriend's at his first English class tonight, so it's just me. I'll probably make him a grilled cheese or something when he gets home.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carl's Jr burgers. I worked my tushie off at the P.O. today and I barely had the energy to go through the drive-thru.
Not very healthy at all, but better than nothing...and that's what we would have had if I was cooking!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled veggies and haven't decided what else. Probably a veg melt wheat bread sandwich with spicy cheese and bellas and red onions and squash. Either that or veg quesadillas with salsa and guac. Still deciding!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Poutin at the hospital. I'd heard of it but never tried it. Not really sure what all the hype is. It just tasted like fries with gravy. There was lots of cheese on it, but while it was gooey, you couldn't taste it, so it just tasted like fries and gravy.

I'm now having a cup of tea. I took a thermos of tea to work today but didn't get around to drinking more than 1 cup. So I just finished it off. I can't believe that it stayed piping hot from 6am this morning!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is either pork loin or eye round roast
Depends on what time we get home, and what DH wants for dinner.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made skinless boneless chicken breasts with adobo and pepper, brown rice, and steamed broccoli and carrots. =)

Today is the second day since we've switched from white rice to brown. The taste of the two are so different. I still like white rice more than brown, but brown is so much more health beneficial.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made a quick stir-fry tonight, with a little left-over steak, bell peppers, mushrooms, celery, and zucchini.. Seasoned with a little salt, pepper and garlic. A peach for dessert...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Butter Chicken, Gujerati Green Beans and Pappadums.

(That was going to be last night, until we went to meet the newest member of our extended family, and did an errand while we were out, and then realized that it would be kind of late to be starting cooking when we got home, so went to our favourite "cook's night off" place.)

Nectarine and ice cream for dessert.

In all, most satisfactory.