So were probably moving...AGAIN...lol

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So John and i will have been together 7 years on January 15th...the same day our lease ends...The place we live in now is our 6th place...and if all goes well finacially we will be looking for our 7th.......

The place we live in now is horrible.......and we want to move...We need way more space, and the poor cats seem so bored and restless here.......and i think we may be addicted to moving........

Anyhoo if ya guys could send you..."hope you find a place and money is good" vibes our way i would very much appreciate it....

When i have details i will let you guys know....

thanx

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you plenty of vibes. I don't really like moving. We have been living at our house for about fourteen months now. So happy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanx everyone....were calling a bunch of places tommorow...I will let you all know how it goes.....

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck finding a new place Bridget.
My sister moved into a 3 story and her kitties love it! They run all over the place and love the extra space.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....So we found a place......

Its absolutly georgeous......Its still in salem...however its on a dead-end off of a dead-end of a really abscure street....so its super quite and safe.........

Its pricey...being 1500$ a month...(which isnt nessesarily pricey for around here...but its more than john and I have ever paid....we pay 800$ for the ****hole we live in now)

However...that 1500 not only gives us this georgeous 2br apartment with a dining room, porch, and pantry........but it also includes.....
Electric
Heat
Hotwater
Central Air....( drool)
Direct TV w/ all movie channels
A brand new washer and dryer, that the landlord is purchasing for us

Yeah I know...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its sooo freeekin beautiful........And it looks like an "Adult" apartment...Rather than the "Practically homeless college-student dumps" we have lived in previously...........

This place has 13 windows.....yup thats right...13 FREEEKIN windows

The landlords live on site and are really freekin cool

We have the whole 2nd floor

there is a georgeous fenced in back yard

All hard word floors and brand new lenoleum..(cats are soo funny on hard wood and lenoleum...
)

And not only do we get all that stuff included, but the landlords said its cool if we pay the fisr last and security over time, because as they said it "We've been there...we understand"

eeeeeeek

So we have filled out the application....we just chatted with the landlords (husband and wife) for like two hours...we have ton in common.....Heck they didnt even flinch when we said we had 4 cats.......John and the husband even have the same car.....
...and the wife is a professional dog walker/cat sitter..........eeeeeeek

So heres the deal....They are doing a credit check....Johns credit is spotless....but mine on the other hand is quite lack luster....However, they know that I am not the bread winner as I am in school full time, and am not working....so I would assume my credit wouldnt matter as much as Johns.....So as long as there are not hitches...this apartment should be ours.......

But just in case.....can I get a bit of TCS magic.......Just to make sure we do get it.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!........You guys are the best!!!!!!

Anyhoo here are some pics...I didnt get all the rooms...so there will be a bunch later.....(granted that all goes well)

This first Pic is of the Pantry...the sink is in here as you can see, which I thought was very unusual...but very neat

This next pic is of the kitchen....Just your avaerage kitchen...However because of the pantry it is very roomy

This next one is the room that will be our bedroom (the 2nd BR is going to be Johns office, as he works from home).....look at the light the room gets..and those shiny hardwood floors

And here is my fav pic....this is the room that got me to fall in love with this place....well that and the central air...
..I took this while standing in the dining room...the room you are looking at in the pic is our living room...couldnt you just die...and yes....that is 5 windows

Sooo please please please pray we get this apartment.......and of course wish us luck...I love u all........I am so HAPPY!!!!!!!

caitlin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, BTW, the house we got? $600 a month, compared to a smaller, worse house where we used to live that was $1050 a month! Much better prices, location, everything.

blue_monday_88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nebula11

....So we found a place......

Its absolutly georgeous......Its still in salem...however its on a dead-end off of a dead-end of a really abscure street....so its super quite and safe.........

Its pricey...being 1500$ a month...(which isnt nessesarily pricey for around here...but its more than john and I have ever paid....we pay 800$ for the ****hole we live in now)
Your story souns like mine!

My BF and I moved on 12/1/2004 to a new apt. Cassie the cat hated it from the first minute. Turns out, we did too!! We got Napoleon and Cassie can deal with him, but likes her hiding places, virtually none in the place. So we signed a lease for a new apartment, found someone to take over our old one and here we are!

We spend nearly 2x's the rent of not the last apartment, but the apt prior. While larger, the neighborhood lacked intangibles that you pay for when you get an apt (like conveniences, civilities, etc)...so I feel your pain when you talk about how much $$ you spend in rent.

But believe me when the kitties are happier and you and your hubby are happier, it will be worth the money in gold!!

Good luck!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping the landlord checks everything out ok. While $1500 is pricey that does include utilities which is a plus as the price for heating is so uncertain right know. Plus you don't have to freeze or roast depending on the weather. The pictures look like the place was been maintained really well too!!
Good luck!!!