So we're obviously all cat people....

haitwun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love ALL animals, large and small, furry and slimy! My house is a zoo, I have:
1 hamster
1 chicken
1 percula clown in a 10 gallon nano
1 cat
3 piranhas in a 55 gallon system

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You definitely got a cat person right here.
One day I'd love to own a rehoming centre just for the little felines, or something of that nature. Either that or I'd like to live on the plains of Africa in a reserve aimed at helping big cat populations. I have a real soft spot for cheetahs because they live a really tough life - tougher in comparison to other big cats.
I can't see the latter happening unless I win the lottery, but I can see myself growing to be a little old lady who keeps and smells of millions of cats - who forces cake on any random visitor

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am an all animal person, though my favorites are CATS!!!!!
We own 6 cats, 1 dog, and 4 horses. We have ducks and a swan that come to visit because they know a softie a mile away!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say I'm pretty much an animal person although I like cats better than just about any other animal. That being said I don't like horses, I'm terrified of them for some reason. And bird are pretty from afar but I wouldn't want to have to take care of one.

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ticked all animals but If I was only alloud to have one animal it would be a cat. I have always had animals and I usally end up with other peoples pets that they dont want I have looked after cats, dogs, rabbits, fish,rats and mice because I cant bare to see an animal put down just because. Lucky for me I am married to a very tolarant man who has only ever said no to taking in a snake.

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I grew up having dogs. I wasn't much of a cat person when I was little. I think that has more to do with the fact that I never had my own cat.

When I was like 16 or 17 my Dad found a litter of kittens abandoned in a pile of firewood. I watched for a while but the Momma cat never came back so I brought them in the house and was going to hand raise them. I took them to the vet and they showed me how to feed and take care of them but all but one died within the first couple hours. After that I started liking cats a little better. what really changed my mind was when I found a kitten that was about 3 or 4 months old living under our deck. I finally got her to trust me and come out from under the deck. Then a month or so later she was injured so bad we had to put her to sleep. This poor kitty had a broken pelvis it's hind leg was out of the socket among other things. The vet said we could send her to a local vet teaching hospital and they could try to help her but she would have to be there for months and would never be able to live a normal pain free life. Both the vet and I thought it was the best thing to put her to sleep.

A month or 2 later I went to the pet store to get my dogs some food and they had animals up for adoption. I had to stop and look. I seen Princess and fell in love with her and had to have her. So I called my Dad, who swore I could not have anymore pets until I had my own place, and begged him to let me bring her home. And the rest is history.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazy4cats28

I grew up having dogs. I wasn't much of a cat person when I was little. I think that has more to do with the fact that I never had my own cat.

When I was like 16 or 17 my Dad found a litter of kittens abandoned in a pile of firewood. I watched for a while but the Momma cat never came back so I brought them in the house and was going to hand raise them. I took them to the vet and they showed me how to feed and take care of them but all but one died within the first couple hours. After that I started liking cats a little better. what really changed my mind was when I found a kitten that was about 3 or 4 months old living under our deck. I finally got her to trust me and come out from under the deck. Then a month or so later she was injured so bad we had to put her to sleep. This poor kitty had a broken pelvis it's hind leg was out of the socket among other things. The vet said we could send her to a local vet teaching hospital and they could try to help her but she would have to be there for months and would never be able to live a normal pain free life. Both the vet and I thought it was the best thing to put her to sleep.

A month or 2 later I went to the pet store to get my dogs some food and they had animals up for adoption. I had to stop and look. I seen Princess and fell in love with her and had to have her. So I called my Dad, who swore I could not have anymore pets until I had my own place, and begged him to let me bring her home. And the rest is history.
Woah Stacey! You had to deal with a lot of kitty heartaches to get to the point where you are now. Thank goodness for Princess!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am cat-obsessed. I definately love cats best. Dogs come in at a close second, especially labs and terriers. I also love my fish, a lot. I talk to my fish just about as much as I talk to my cats. They come to the front of the aquarium when I go over to them, so they must be somewhat interested
I have 16 new black mollie grandbaby fishes now. I also love rabbits, budgies, cockatiels, and guinea pigs.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dogs are wonderful prose...but only cats are poetry. I love & respect all animals but cats have won my heart. Purrrrrrrr

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to say I'm an all animal person. Over my lifetime, I've had all sorts, Rabbits, hamsters, mice, gerbils, guinea pigs, fish, canaries, budgies, dogs even snakes.

But I can't remember a long period of not having a cat. Only the in between time, after loosing one and going through the "never again, it's too upsetting" period. And once when we were in a flat near busy roads for a couple of years.