So......we bought a car

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We traded our truck and our Tucson in on a 2023 Tucson Limited. It was time. We had been kicking the idea around for a while now and said, "Let's just do it". We've spent the last few months looking around at several makes and models and kept coming back to the Tucson. We wanted to get rid of two vehicles and Rick was to the point where the truck needed a lot of work to keep it road-friendly and that means a lot of money that he wasn't willing to spend. And we kept going round and round: Did we want another truck? Did we want to just get rid of the truck and be done with it? And that's what he decided to do. We're not working any longer. We're at the stage where we don't do a lot of hauling anymore. And if we need something, we'll just have it delivered at this point. And keeping three vehicles around wasn't worth it.

We were looking at used. I swear we were. But then, Hyundai is offering a 0% rate for 48 months. We qualified. So we took it. We had it narrowed down to three main vehicles, none of which was a truck. And we bought the Tucson this morning. I know it's not a good time for a new car, but we're also not getting any younger. What we can do now we may not be able to do ten years from now (if that makes sense).

The process took all day! Running numbers, trying to get numbers at or below Rick's bottom line. We finally reached a deal that he was happy with.

We'll pick up the Tucson on Monday.

Last edited: