so unhappy with vet...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I think it's a good idea to inform the RSPCA and your usual vet of your experience - it might save another pet's life. I'm glad to hear that Sleeves is back to normal - the boys seem to bounce right back, don't they?
especially since you said the regular vet was so caring... they would probably want to know about this to avoid referring anyone there again.

jasper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that happened to you and Sleeves! Why would a woman who obviously has no compassion for animals and questions why you would drive a distance for your boy, be working for a vet? If it was me, I probably would not have left him there. I don't know if you should change vets, but definetly don't take him back to that place. My vet and the techs/assistants are very kind, I took my boy kitten in the other day, they cuddled him and spoke to him in a very soothing voice and handled him gently, and told him what a good boy he was. Going to the vet can be a very scary experience and they need all the love and support they can get. Definetly report this questionable office and hopefully they will no longer treat patients and clients like that again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Ok its been 2 days now since his operation and he's not dopey now and seems totally back to his adorable self. However... he is being very agressive at times.
We did have problems before, with him attacking my feet and ankles but now he's doing it to Mark aswell. It just seems different than before. I just had to hold him tight then and talk softly to him because he made me scream when he bit me, he really dug his claws in.
Do you think something has scared him? or is this because his hormones are all over the place do you think? Im just thinkin what the hell have we done to him!?
By the way this is not all the time, I got the most amazing cuddles last night in bed

new_kitten_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In my opion i would write to them. I think they deserve an ear full of complaints. not sure if they will just rip up the paper or not but you should to make your self feel better that you may have helped other animals that would be going there. as for experience myself, im kinda new at this whole vet thing since i just got my first ever kitten 2 weeks ago, i did take him to get his shot last week and luckly i found a really nice hospital that i will be going to every time i need help. they where so nice to me, they gave Kal-El three new toys to play with, gave me a binder full of helpful information and they where just plain nice, i hope you dont have anymore problems with sleeves and give him a nice big hug for me and Kal-El.

Take care

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he's probably just feeling out of sorts, thats why he's acting aggressive.

but speak it over with your normal (nice!) vet because aggressiveness might be a sign of underlying pain.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh god I hadnt even thought about him being in pain. Im worried now! He's playin around and being his usual self, and his wound seems to be healing great, but just with this added agression. Ill call them this afternoon when I get a break. Thankyou for that!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Ive just called the new vet which was recommended to us and the lady was so lovely! and she has cats too!! so no nasty remarks about them this time..!
She said if he was in pain then he'd probably be off his food aswell which he doesnt seem to be.
However, he has this little sore, where his mister pops out (for want of a better way of putting it!! you all know what I mean!) and the vet last week said this was from excessive licking and that he would stop. But he hasnt. And the fact that there is now something else going on down there, means he's been at it even more.
So Im taking him in this evening. Even if they say he's fine and he will stop licking it, and stop biting us then at least my mind will be at ease.
So hopefully this new vet will be good. She was horrified he left the last place with dirty feet, so thats a good sign!
Thanks for all your advice on this.