So overwhelmed with 2 sick cats

Molly and Abby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor Molly! The biopsy had to be postponed until tomorrow due to a power outage. I have to haul her back to the vet.

Poor Punky! I was going to take him so the vet tech can administer the Flagyl but I cancelled due to above. That's more important right now.

I feel scared & overwhelmed & worried.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :grouphug2::grouphug2:

Deep breaths. Hopefully the power issue gets sorted out and the biopsy goes smoothly tomorrow and the Flagyl is able to be administered soon.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you're having trouble administering the Flagyl to Punky, ask if you can get it compounded into a transdermal gel. I know it can be done because I checked into it for my big boy who I know I could never pill. There are several internet compounding pharmacies who can do it if you don't have one local to you - all you need is a prescription.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Molly and Abby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you're having trouble administering the Flagyl to Punky, ask if you can get it compounded into a transdermal gel. I know it can be done because I checked into it for my big boy who I know I could never pill. There are several internet compounding pharmacies who can do it if you don't have one local to you - all you need is a prescription.
Oh, thank you, thank you so much!

Do you have a recommendation for a on-line compounding pharmacy? I live in Bay Area of California (if that makes a difference).

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Transdermal Preparations - Best Pet RX This online pharmacy definitely does it, but I'm not really familiar with them. Not sure if Wedgewood does Metro in transdermal or not. You might need to call them. At least they are a well known online pharmacy.

You can also try googling "compounding pharmacies in the bay area, ca" to see what comes up. I used to live in that area, and it's pretty big, so I could say, yes there is one in San Jose, and that might not be anywhere close to you! Once you find one, then call and ask if they can do it (with a prescription)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Molly and Abby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! Very helpful information.