So much for a goodnight`s sleep!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that unwrapping my bed, putting my nice new linens and electric blanket on my bed would equal a great sleep.

Wrong!

Last night I was up most of the night because I had 3 cats, at different times, wanting in and out from under the covers.

Turns out Abby just wants to be sandwiched between me and the blankets and pillow, but not covered by anything other than my arm. She likes the heat radiating off of the blankets.

It took all night, but Spencer finally figured out where his favourite spot is.  He likes to be on my right side, between the electric blanket and the comforter. And of course I have to bunch up the comforter for him a little so that it makes a bit of a tent.

Katie is still undecided.  All she`s figured out is that she likes to attack my legs through the bedding, even when I`m not moving them!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hear you. I sleep in a single bed- due to snoring in the queen size bed!!! Lol!! Neffie makes biscuits in my hair and on my neck and purrs so loudly it's insane. That happens 3- 4 times a night and Cleo who also purrs very loudly licks my arms and face and then lays on my head. Two nights ago I woke up because Cleo was licking my eyelid!! When my sweet Ruben was still alive I had three cats on the single bed with me. Any wonder I get tired and grumpy!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And this is one of the very reasons I refuse to let mine sleep in bed with me LOL
I couldn't sleep if I didn't have my kitties in bed with me.  But then again, there are nights I can't sleep with them in bed with me!!

For the most part, they're pretty good.  The nicely made bed and the electric blanket is a novelty right now.  Abby has experienced an electric blanket before, but this is a first for Spencer and Katie.  I think they're trying to figure out where the heat is coming from, and where the best place to be so that they can be warm, but not toasting.

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

The only nights I sleep well are the nights I am away on vacation. Other than that, I have cats running all over us, and when they calm down, they start wrestling over the best place - that is usually between mommy's legs. And then the sore loser remembers how great it is to sleep under the blankets, and as soon as he settles there, the other two decide to join - so they wrestle some more under the covers. Then they get hot so they come out and sleep on me. All three of them, but one feels like playing so he wakes the other two and start wrestling again so I put him out the room and close the door. He starts crying and the other two wake up and start crying too on the other side of the door so I make all of them leave the room and close the door and they cry at the door because they want in again. And then it's morning and I have to go to work.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
If the cats are not in bed with us, we go looking for them. House rule - the cats must sleep in the bed as often as possible. Even though there are times when they awaken me during the night, I always feel better knowing they're there. Our cats love the electric blanket....Rick turns his side down to Low when he comes to bed; my side stays on High constantly (I love warmth). When his side starts to cool down, the cats that are sleeping on his side of the bed will move over to me. They're up against my legs, in between my legs, along my stomach and my back. Anything to stay warm. Sometimes it does get so hot that I have to turn my side completely off.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
There are five cats out in the house at night here (the other two sleep in their room).  I usually have anywhere from 1 to 3 sleeping with me.  It's ever-changing--some nights they'll all settle right down, I hardly know they're there and I sleep great. Other nights, there's constant moving around.  One will get up, step on one who's under the covers, the stepped-on one climbs out of the covers in a huff; they ALL go running out of the room.  I sleep peacefully until they decide they've made up and all come BACK in the room.....

Hopefully, Natalie_ca, they'll find their "spot" soon and you can enjoy your new bedding a little bit, too!  :-)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that unwrapping my bed, putting my nice new linens and electric blanket on my bed would equal a great sleep.

Wrong!

Last night I was up most of the night because I had 3 cats, at different times, wanting in and out from under the covers.

Turns out Abby just wants to be sandwiched between me and the blankets and pillow, but not covered by anything other than my arm. She likes the heat radiating off of the blankets.

It took all night, but Spencer finally figured out where his favourite spot is.  He likes to be on my right side, between the electric blanket and the comforter. And of course I have to bunch up the comforter for him a little so that it makes a bit of a tent. :hmm:

Katie is still undecided.  All she`s figured out is that she likes to attack my legs through the bedding, even when I`m not moving them!
Blighty likes to bite my toes also not moving them. Such sharp little teeth they have.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And this is one of the very reasons I refuse to let mine sleep in bed with me LOL
No. Must have them in bed with me. In the time I. Lost mu lotto and got these two I was very lonely in bed.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3:

The only nights I sleep well are the nights I am away on vacation. Other than that, I have cats running all over us, and when they calm down, they start wrestling over the best place - that is usually between mommy's legs. And then the sore loser remembers how great it is to sleep under the blankets, and as soon as he settles there, the other two decide to join - so they wrestle some more under the covers. Then they get hot so they come out and sleep on me. All three of them, but one feels like playing so he wakes the other two and start wrestling again so I put him out the room and close the door. He starts crying and the other two wake up and start crying too on the other side of the door so I make all of them leave the room and close the door and they cry at the door because they want in again. And then it's morning and I have to go to work.
Lol. That was very funny. Cats are so sweeeeet.