So many problems I dont even know what to do anymore.

andelawhi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Such a young baby to have to go through all of that.
I'm really sorry about your cat. I'm sure this has been kind of a tramatizing adoption experience.
I hope that in time you can find another kitten to love, they can really bring alot of joy into your life.

RIP Jaxi.

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. That's such a terrible thing to go through, and such a short life for a beautiful little kitten.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to hear about this tragic experience.
RIP Jaxi.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your baby.
FIP is a horrible disease, and there would have been nothing you could have done regardless of when it was found.

serenechristine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie...please don't be hard on yourself...and she was so pretty and you were a good mommy to her....I hope you find peace and comfort knowing that you did the very best you could for her, couldn't have done any better and she was lucky to have had you for the short time she was with you....poor little thing, breaks my heart....I hope that you get another kitty, I'd look in the paper tho as humaine society and pet stores animals aren't the best places to get a pet, for obvious reasons which leads to a very high maintenance kitty cat.....unless you have the means, the willingness and the money to care for a sick animal......thanks for the unfortuante update ...I am so sad for you and will pray extra hard today for you and for your little darling...
Christine

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by serenechristine

....I hope that you get another kitty, I'd look in the paper tho as humaine society and pet stores animals aren't the best places to get a pet, for obvious reasons which leads to a very high maintenance kitty cat.....Christine
i very strongly disagree with this. the humane society is probably the best place to get a pet. aside of the fact that you re giving a homeless pet a home and a chance, they do give them health care and testing during their short stays there and what happened to the OP is quite rare and something that is just as likely, if not more so, to happen from getting a pet from the paper.

serenechristine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no I disagree with u...I have a friend here, in my town who has spent thousands (double didgits) of dollars @ the vet on rescued animals (3 dogs) from the local humane society , not only can rescuing an animal be very wonderful thing to do, it can also be extremely stressfull nevermind the endless vet bills, can be very overwhelming is all I am saying, IF you can afford it both financially and emotionally then I am all for it, I am not a heartless person, nor am I qualified to care for a very sick kitty cat...Its one thing to adopt a pet and another to rescue one. I have a stray cat that has the herpes virus that I got as a kitten & he has also just recently been diagnosed with Feline Hyperestesia Syndrome. It is NOT easy to care for a sick cat let me tell you. He cost us at least a thousand dollars so far & he has turned out to be a handfull. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my cat but hes sick needs pills, & hes impossible to pill, not to mention a full time job, luckily for him I am on disability and am able to be here to care for him 24/7. BUT its VERY stressfull It is not fun or easy to care for a sick cat. ....just being realistic

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i agree with you its expensive and stressful caring for a sick cat but adopting from the humane society does not mean it will be sick, MOST animals from there are quite healthy. i have adopted 3 pets from there in perfect health and i know no one personally who adopted an ill pet. yes it does happen but its RARE. pets from the paper can be ill too, its just a chance you take, no matter where you get your pet from.

edited: i do agree that no one should ever buy an animal from a pet store, in my opinion thats just supporting the byb mills.

spiritedstef

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hardtopvette

Wow very sorry to hear about that spritedstef. I hope the rest of your cats will be ok.

I ended up going to the Humane Society one last time to see her just a bit ago. When I got there she was already having seizures :-( wasnt the prettiest site so we both knew it was time for her. Atleast now she is in a better place. It still blows my mind how fast this all happened. Just the other day she was walking around my house and now she is gone

5/16/06 - 8/26/06 rip Jaxi
I'm so sorry you lost kitty. We had Morgan for 2 years, and within 24 hours from her first symptoms she was gone. She also had seizures and ended up with pneumonia, so I know what you are going through. It's a terrible sight to see your baby suffering so.