So many litter boxes.....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure Jordan would like that box. He likes to have one foot up on the side of the box while he pees. (I have no idea what that's about, but that is what he does.

sam1404

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are sooooo many different litter boxes out there it's crazy. One of my cats is so big and fluffy that I saw her with half her body outside of her covered litterbox and I am sure that she was not comfortable using this one. I had a really hard time trying to find one big enough for her that was covered. I went to the hardware store and bought a couple pieces of pine, put together a simple dog house style box with a hinged lid and got a really big storage type bin to put in it.

It was really easy to make and you can make then whatever size you need. I needed one with a taller and wider door for MJ to get in and out with her big butt no problem.
You don't have to use pine as it is a little more $$. (but it does help that area of the house smell better) It is kind of nice because you can't really tell it's a litter box.

Just another idea for you.....if you are at all handy this will be no problem for you.

Good luck

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

The rubber made box is an intresting idea. Maggie tends to shoot pee out the back of the box, between the box & the lid (I have no idea how, but she is talented. I should think about a storage box. Are they high enough to prevent that?
That was why I originally switched to rubbermaids--Nabu did that with the covered boxes. Now he has to tilt at a 45* angle or better if he wants to hit the wall.

jillandmatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We use the CleverCat box pictured above in one of the locations. One of our cats like to scratch the walls after going potty...so we needed something covered. The box works GREAT, and for scooping, we just pop the lid off...nothing to it.
Neither of our original two cats have any issues with it being covered.

I say original because we were just adopted by two more kitties on Saturday - one of them is definitely too big to fit into the hole.
The other box we have currently doesn't have tall-enough sides and litter gets all over. We really need all high-sided boxes.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use the Clevercat box for my boys. Neither of mine have a problem with it being covered, but they arenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t very picky when it comes to their boxes. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not much different from a Rubbermaid or regular covered box when it comes to scooping – just pop the lid off and go to town. It can be kind of awkward dumping the whole thing when doing complete changes though because it is kind of tall. I found the liners they sell for it to be completely useless… But it does really cut out the litter tracking like it advertises!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Sphynx uses a covered litter box. Keep it really clean, scoop at least once a day if you have two cats. You might want to consider 3 litterboxes