So..looking for suggestions.. work from home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome, thanks for the link!

Yeah, I've been down the "work from home" scam path.. I've always been a little skeptical so.. I didn't bother with too many of them, and certainly none of the high priced ones. I've probably invested like $50 total in all the ones I *thought* might be legit. But, then, I am a bit of a skeptic.

Lia Sophia has some really great jewelry.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done the home-based business and don't think I will venture into it again. I did Creative Memories for a short while selling scrapbook supplies. I did well my first 3 months and then just crashed. I couldn't meet new clients, my good ones didn't want to have parties, and I just wasn't a great sales person. Most of those they always say 'the products sells themselves' but it seemed my clientelle didn't have tons of money to spend on my items.

I have a friend selling Lia Sophia. Their jewelery is AWESOME. I threw a party for her and got lots of free stuff. I thought about joining her team for a short while but I don't think the pyramid scheme is for me. You constantly have to be meeting people, booking parties, talking up the products. It just made me tired. Not to mention the bookkeeping. That took way more time than I expected.

Anyways, I would love to find part time work. (I hear all you NoVa peeps on the cost of living it is terrible!!)

What is your day job Heather? I am sure you'll find something out there. I am looking forward to watching this thread and getting more ideas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Legal secretary right now. I'm in that situation where I'll be here for a while.. my salary will cap in two more years.. but in the meantime.. I'm getting much needed experience, and then.. if I want I can move on to somewhere that has a better pay rate, but..

in the meantime, I've got things to pay for over and above the cost of living.. like debt and spare things.. and a Tonk.. taxes..