So I'm not a hat person...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bastetservant

Way back, ladies didn't take their hats off. But men did, indoors, unless they were uncouth. I still can't stand the sight of a man wearing a hat indoors - whether it is a cap, cowboy hat, or whatever. To me it is bad manners.

Robin
I also think is it very bad manners when I see a guy in any restaurant wearing a baseball cap
. I love hats, very much. I do remember when my mom and grandma ALWAYS wore hats when I was a little. Always wore them to church too. I love going to the races at Arlington Park, I always get to sport a big hat then

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren! Let's go to the races at Arlington Park! I love to go there! I've been going since I was a child, but I haven't been in several years. I gamble a little, but I don't really care about that. I love to look at the horses, see them run, and people watch. The gardens there are wonderful, too. And you're a horsey person!

You'll have to take Wilber and Henry to doggy day care. I may have to get a new hat. I'll email you!

Robin

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The tiara was the perfect choice!

I love hats and wish I had more occasion to wear them. I usually always wear a hat in the summer as I have very fair skin, and always in the winter as it's so darn cold.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the tiara, too. Perfect!

I always wear a wide brim straw hat when I am out in the yard. I use to wear a sun visor when I was younger, but now it's a straw hat. I would SO wear a hat to a proper occasion, though.

I would love to see your hats, too Linda.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very cute tiara! I'm not a hat person either.

I love the idea of hats though, and if I ever went fancy places, or had a big fancy collection to choose from, I'd probably wear them more.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

A fedora? Well... remember the old "Remington Steele" series? Stephanie Zimbalist wore a fedora with her long hair, and I thought maybe I could get by with it too. So I bought one, but then I realized... I live in Texas! It's MUCH too hot here for ANY kind of outfit that would go with a grey felt fedora. So I wore it once with my raincoat, noticed people looking at me oddly, and put it away forever.

We need more pictures in this thread! And Linda, I've NEVER seen a picture of you! Pleeeeease?
Ahhhh maybe that's where it came from. For a time in the early eighties I went through a hat phase. At this late date I have no idea where it came from.

Also around that time they opened a hat store in town and I bought a black Stetson similar to Stephanie's. At the time it was winter, I had long hair and would tuck it up underneath. In my vanity I did it because I liked the way it looked when I took the hat off and my hair fell down.

What can I say, I was young and had no clue.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Linda, I've NEVER seen a picture of you! Pleeeeease?
I don't post my picture online. I've had bad experiences in the past with online turned offline stalkers. A photograph is the last link to someone being able to find you.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bastetservant

Lauren! Let's go to the races at Arlington Park! I love to go there! I've been going since I was a child, but I haven't been in several years. I gamble a little, but I don't really care about that. I love to look at the horses, see them run, and people watch. The gardens there are wonderful, too. And you're a horsey person!

You'll have to take Wilber and Henry to doggy day care. I may have to get a new hat. I'll email you!

Robin
I would love to go to the races and will also have to get a new hat!!! I did win a trifecta once. Picked the top three horses and top three places and won. Wilbur and Henry can go to doggie daycare!! I didn't think of that
The races are still the one place in this country where "hats" are just part of the day and you don't feel out of place wearing one!