So im moving in a few days and my cat is pregnant

DellyBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat is due something within the next week and i have to move in 4 days to a new place five hours away. She has high anxiety when it comes to being in and around running cars, whether its in my lap where i can comfort her or in a cat carrier. Is there a way i can do this without her stressing out to much and causing her and/or her unborn babies harm or preventing her from going into labor in my boyfriends truck?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The timing is unfortunate and I understand your anxiety as well as hers.

She must be in a cat carrier. You can’t risk her not being safely contained. Cover the carrier except for the front so that she can see you. Do not play the radio. Buy a bottle of Feliway calming spray and spray the inside of the carrier before putting your cat inside. Spray the blanket she’ll lie on inside.

Once you arrive, put her carrier in the bathroom with the carrier door open, her food, water, and litter nearby, and close the bathroom door.

Once you’re done moving in and things have calmed down, visit her in the bathroom and allow her to come out and explore. Be very careful about making sure she does not go outside. Being pregnant and in a new environment, she’ll need time to adjust.

I wish you luck and do let us know how it goes!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. Let her have collar and leash on, on during the transport. IF something happens its easier to control what is happening. Also you have your tel number on the collar...

Some find it may easier to transport inside a cage. But a carrier is standard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DellyBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The timing is unfortunate and I understand your anxiety as well as hers.

She must be in a cat carrier. You can’t risk her not being safely contained. Cover the carrier except for the front so that she can see you. Do not play the radio. Buy a bottle of Feliway calming spray and spray the inside of the carrier before putting your cat inside. Spray the blanket she’ll lie on inside.

Once you arrive, put her carrier in the bathroom with the carrier door open, her food, water, and litter nearby, and close the bathroom door.

Once you’re done moving in and things have calmed down, visit her in the bathroom and allow her to come out and explore. Be very careful about making sure she does not go outside. Being pregnant and in a new environment, she’ll need time to adjust.

I wish you luck and do let us know how it goes!
We finished the move she did sorta well still heavily pregnant with her own room to do her business

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DellyBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So glad to hear the move went well! Keep us posted when the kittens come!
She had them last night while my boyfriend and i were sleeping. 5 healthy babies and one who sadly didnt make it.