So I'm going to see a life coach today...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
umm
difficult ..........I think there could be a conflict of interest but who knows what the motivation behind this is, maybe we are all being a bit suspicious and maybe its all going to be an excellent exercise. If you focus on objectives, goals and all that stuff then hopefully none of the personal stuff will get in the way, well thats what a life coach in a business environment should be working on - targets, objectives, business goals etc....

Good Luck and I hope the exercise is a positive experience for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well................I am home now from the "life coach"

Really its not a life coaching thing at all..All she did was ask questions about an incident that happened between me and a coworker...(fishing for info?), and then just asked about everyones role in the office and wanted to make sure things were the best way they could be.

It was weird..It was barely about me. Although when she asked about me, and my job there, I had to completely lie to her and say "Yes, I love this job, I picture myself here forever..(with a big grin on my face)..

So I feel kinda ripped off because I can't even tell her my real feelings as they involve maybe not working there forever.

So...eh about the whole thing...but whatever it was fun to talk to someone about me for an hour

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Tell her about the toilet paper and tampons..
Oh yeah, that would give you job security!
Good one, fran!
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Really its not a life coaching thing at all..All she did was ask questions about an incident that happened between me and a coworker...(fishing for info?), and then just asked about everyones role in the office and wanted to make sure things were the best way they could be.
And exactly how did she know about the "incident"??? Someone's been telling tales in advance, sounds like to me.

I'd be
if someone I didn't even know asked me about an incident that was personal and not even work related.
I pissed and it isn't even ME!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

The way I see it is this: A life coach is someone you go to when you are trying to figure out what you want for your life. When you have been in the working world for a while, aren't satisfied, and want to get some help in figuring out what you want to do with the rest of your life. It's supposed to be about your LIFE, not your JOB.

Sales coaching and sales TRAINING is what you go to when you want to increase your sales performance in the office.

There is a HUGE difference between the two.

The way I see it, your boss may be looking for "inside" information on which employees are worth sticking with and which ones should be let go because their psychology doesn't provide them with a good "fit" for his organization.

Be very, very careful about what information you divulge if you want to STAY in this company.
I agree with GingersMom. This will be an excellent opportunity for the boss to cull the herd. I would go by the advice I often heard growing up: If in doubt, don't.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

It was weird..It was barely about me. Although when she asked about me, and my job there, I had to completely lie to her and say "Yes, I love this job, I picture myself here forever..(with a big grin on my face)..
Well if I wasn't sure this was dodgy then I'm pretty sure now- to spend time quizzing you about particular relationships between workers sounds well suspicious

(I recently had to put in a complaint about a fellow worker and feel I was better off saying nothing as the atmosphere is now increasingly difficult
)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I think the whole thing is a crock of crap. No offense to any "life coaches" we may have on here, but where exactly do they get off straightening out the lives of others? How can anyone do that except YOU???

No way I'd throw away my money on crap like this. And if the boss tried to make me go, I'd probably show my redneck butt complaining about it not being work-related.
lol i have no idea what life coach is. But after reading this, i would do much the much the same. i can see me telling the boss & the coach my life is non of there business.
all they need to worry about is if i show up and do my job.