So...ice on the sidewalk...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I should have paid more attention to this thread! I went down on my knee on my deck leaving for work this morning!

There was BARELY any ice there, but enough! The shoes I had on don't have the best traction either, but they aren't that bad! Fortunately I only skinned up about the size of a golf-ball and lightly bruised an area a little bigger than that above it. I'm just happy I didn't rip my jeans! I'd been looking out at the cars and happy that I didn't have to scrape the windows, and down I went. I didn't even have time to react! It swelled a tad for a few hours but looks good now. I'm just sore.

The irony I find in it is, the doctor I work for is what's left of a closed practice that consisted mainly of Orthopedic doctors....but the one I work for is a Neurologist.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I slipped one day when I was taking my pup for a walk...my hip hurt for quite a while after that...ain't winter soooooo fun sometimes??? Blahhh! Lol!

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in Orange County California so I would have to travel several hours before I get anywhere near snow. I do have a story though about my friend slipping on ice. A few years a go, several of my friends and I went up in the mountain to spend the day having fun sliding and hiking in the snow. One of my friends was just about to through a snowball at my sister but just as she released the snowball, my friend slipped on some ice. She too landed on her knee. Her knee bruised and swelled instantly. She couldn't walk on it at all so another guy friend of our (whom she had a huge crush on) had to carry her to a rock for her to sit on until he was able to bring the car over to pick us up. She was laughing the entire time. My friends knee is still messed up and is constantly swollen and hurting since that inccident.