So, I went swimsuit shopping today...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

And I feel for you as well (but wish I was a size 8....). I used to do triathlons and be pretty fit, but had to give them up a little over a year ago because of a heart condition (at age 25!), and am now on heart meds. Not allowed to get my heart rate over 120bpm, so lack of exercise combined with feeling slow from the meds, and moving countries and losing all of my exercise buddies has seen me put on about 8kg now and lose all muscle tone.

I put on my swimsuit the other day to go do some laps at the pool and realised I looked horrible in it now, and found an excuse not to go to the pool. Sigh!

Oh well, life could be worse I guess.
Bless your heart, i feel ya. I was put through test after test last year and on sooooo many diff meds to try and see if it was a heart condition or something else...ekg's ultrasounds, stress tests,heart monitor mri's,ct scans, you name it..(i was 19-20 at the time)...which it wound up being severe vertigo,GERD,a hernia, IBS and a few other things,....so while they were figuring it out, they had me on a ton of different meds which made me go from a 0 to an 8....it was like i turned into a blob...soooo horrible.Haha amd what's really bad is that EVERYONE thought i was pregnant because i'm so little, all my weight goes to my belly and it can look pretty conviencing lol. it got to a point when people would ask me and i'd answer,"no, i'm not pregnant, i'm just fat"- hehe it got them to shut up really quick.lol. I'm really petite (4'11'') so on my frame i looked pretty big compared to my normal size....but in a way i'm grateful the heart meds were just temporary and that it wasn't my heart because it could have been a lot worse.I'm definitely blessed that it wound up being a series of less minor things, those i can deal with. So i started to loose weight when i was cleared to work out again from my docs....then i had a bad flare up with my astmah (which is usually mild)....so i was put on cortozine,albuterol,and provential several times a day and baned from workouts....that eventually helped and i'm good to go now....but it made me gain back the weight i lost...so now i'm trying to loose it again...i'm down 5 pounds since two weeks ago so hopefully i can continue to loose weight and get back to a normal size for my body. So i definitely understand your situation and the scare of getting in a bathing suite....haha all mine are teeny tiny from when i use to swim competitively...so no chance of me fitting back into them for a while, i suppose i'll have to buy one that fits if i end up going to the beach or pool this summer...i'm trying to avoid swim suite shopping at the moment until i can get into shape lol.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I haven't found one yet folks..It's hopeless.
I guess you'll just have to go without one then.
By the way, I found the smilie I sooooo have been needing for the last two weeks:

Just kidding!
Back to regularly scheduled programing.

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i'm kind of looking forward to it this summer, although it's still winter here so i have a while to go, i checked sizing online and i'm a size 6 apparently lol

i used to be a size 12 US but iv'e lost a bit of weight...i need a tan though and i have a few stretch marks from weight loss, hopefully a good tan will cover them because they don't look good, plus, i need to tone up too.

for some reason i never feel that comfortable in a bikini and cover up if anyone else walks past, i'm fine if it's just Jeff and i

felicia