So I got a little aquarium

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 3 gallon tank and I have 3 Glo Fish. I got them just to try my hand at fish. They are so tranquil to watch so I wanted a tank but nothing 2 large that I couldnt handle. I bought these because the woman at the store said I needed to cycle my tank. She said buy 3 cheap fish and dont expect them to live. Well its been 5 months now and my 3 Glo fish are still as good as ever. Heres pics

Glo fish are easy to care for, pretty to look at and are hardy little suckers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is that API Stress Zyme and the other one is the Stress Coat. I will put the second one in tommorrow morning and then get the fishies on Wednesday afternoon.

Still going with White Clouds I think, right?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long are you supposed to have the light on? I had left it on all day but when I checked it before bedtime it was HOT so I turned it off.

It's halogen, I think like 5 watts?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom had fish tanks with cats and the only thing she learned really fast was have a lid in the tank. Our cats would lay on top of it and go fishing and she would come home from work and see that 4-5 fishies were missing and the cats looked quite content...LOL..Granted I instigated this matter because I was petrified of fish and figured if the cats ate them all she wouldnt get anymore..well that wasnt the case but the cats got some good meals for a little while.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

How long are you supposed to have the light on? I had left it on all day but when I checked it before bedtime it was HOT so I turned it off.

It's halogen, I think like 5 watts?
well I only use natural light .. do you have a thermometer>??

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I will probably leave it off and only turn it on if somehow it seems to need light.

It has a lid, I just need to think of a way to keep it attached! Maybe a rubber band or some tape...

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try a brick..That what my mom used it was too heavy for the cats to push off so it works out pretty nicely.