So I get my bengal on the 23rd, had some questions *PICS*

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HelloEvo

I just realized that I had posted the wrong cat condo! The one I pasted was nice, but I like this one a lot better
Yowza!
That's like Magic Kindogom for Kitty-cats!!
Will it fit in your room?

Are you able to purchase the super deluxe condo now or do you have to save up for it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Yowza!
That's like Magic Kindogom for Kitty-cats!!
Will it fit in your room?

Are you able to purchase the super deluxe condo now or do you have to save up for it?
Yeah it'll fit in my room, right in front of the window
Unfortunately I have to save up for it. I did spend the entire night last night making toys for him though. I made 2, and I'm working on the big one right now

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HelloEvo

Yeah it'll fit in my room, right in front of the window
Unfortunately I have to save up for it. I did spend the entire night last night making toys for him though. I made 2, and I'm working on the big one right now
Awwww... What kind of toys are you making?

I have to say, the "Steps for Pets" site does seem to have pretty good prices on their cat trees. $145 with free shipping for that monster seems like a pretty fabulous deal. How long will it take you to save up for it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Awwww... What kind of toys are you making?

I have to say, the "Steps for Pets" site does seem to have pretty good prices on their cat trees. $145 with free shipping for that monster seems like a pretty fabulous deal. How long will it take you to save up for it?
Well I've made two toys so far but I haven't had much time so I'm still working on the third. For the first toy, I took a regular toilet paper roll, measured the length and width of it, then cut a cardboard piece that would fit right through the entire roll (through the center). Then I measured from the cardboard in the center of the roll, to the top of the roll, and cut another piece, and repeated the process for the lower half (I krazy glued all the piece so that they stay put, and when I mean krazy glue, I mean it, I went through 2 bottles
). That was for support, so if the kitty pounces on the roll, it won't break into pices. Then I traced a circle onto another piece of cardboard to cover the end, but after I cut out the piece for one of the ends, I took a a plastic cup (those red dixie cups) and then cut the bottom half off, and cut a circle just a little bit smaller than the carboard piece, and then glued it onto the cardboard circle. Now the important thing is to leave some space with the long pieces trough the center so that you can fit the cardboard circles tightly into the roll, no glue needed. So after I got the plastic pieces to glue onto the cardboard circle, I slipped in the cardboard/plastic circle into the first side of the roll (plastic side in), with almost no room to spare, it was a very tight fit, which is what I wanted. Now I took tape, (the really big clear kind) and put about two or three coats over circle. Now, before repeating the process for the other end of the circle, I took some uncooked rice, and filled up the roll to about a little less than half-way (didn't want to make it too heavy for the little guy). Then I cut out another piece of the plastic cup and cardboard and repeated the process with other end, and taped it up. Now I figured the glue can cause some sort of problem, so I taped the entire roll about two or three times so the smell of the glue is obsolete. The end result is a toilet paper roll, that can take a GOOD beating, that won't fall apart, and that makes a lot of noise. I'm even thinking of making another one but putting some ribbons and some colors under the tape.

Now for the second toy, I simply took the krazy glue case (there is an outer case, with the red cap, that holds the actual case with the glue inside it, and that's the one I used) and took off all of the stickers and adhesive that the sticker left behind, it leaves behind A LOT, so a good trick is to take WD40, and spray it all over the adhesive, let it sit for a couple seconds, then wipe it off with a paper towel, and repeat until it's all gone (shouldn't take more than 5 minutes) and then maybe wash it with some soap or something to get the WD-40 smell off, and then fill it with a little bit of uncooked rice (not too much so that it stays nice and light, it's already pretty heavy to begin with) and you're set. They can chew on it and everything, but they shouldn't be able to pry it open.

If you decide to make these two, MAKE SURE you're with them at all times when they're playing with it because if they somehow manage to get it open, they'll eat the rice for sure and that's a no no.

Now for the one I'm still working on, the idea was to take a box (I'm using a "Flat Rate" USPS box) and cut holes on the sides and let a ball dangle from the middle. I was thinking of a good sturdy string I could used and it hit me, dental floss! So I had one of those Jack In The Box antenna balls (kinda spongy), and took off all the stickers, in my case antlers because he was a christmas ball. Then I took a screw (the kind with flat end, so it's not sharp at all) and glued the dental floss to the ridges in the screw. Then I took the screw with the dental floss and glued it to the hole that the antenna would usually go in. This is where I am now. I'm going to take another screw, and put (flat end of course!) and put it through the top, then cover it with some cotton and a couple layers of tape, then cover the screw on the ball with cotton and tape as well, I wouldn't want Felix to hurt himself if he accidently hits the screw with his pay, or get is claw stuck in the cross of the crew. Then I'm going to have to tape the top of the box really well, cut the holes, and somehow find a way to keep it from falling over, or even moving at all. I'm still thinking of a way to keep it sturdy, I should have it figured out by tonight
Now If you're going to build this one, make sure you start out with a lot of floss, because you can always cut what you don't need, but if you cut too little then it's going to be a pain taking off a screw that's been krazy glued, and then the floss that's been krazy glued, and also, make sure to cover the screws with cotton and tape JUST incase.

Hopefully Felix actually ends up playing with these, I was really bored last night and I began to ponder on ideas for toys that I can make him at home to pass time.

As for the cat tree. I'm not really sure how long it's going to take me. I'm going to need to pay for Felix's 6 month vaccinations, and I'm not sure how much those go for around here, but that's the cat tree is the next (and hopefully last for at least a month or so) item for Felix on the list.

Now I think I've rambled on enough, hope you enjoyed