So hot here

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard on the news this morning that it's going to get really hot here in So Cal. I'm not looking forward to it. I don't have A/C. The only good thing about the extreme heat is that it makes Simba more mellow.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
75 degrees here in Western Kentucky but very very humid. Strong thunderstorms expected late this afternoon and into the night. But will be back up to 95 or higher by the weekend. Thank God for AC's!!

Paulena

lucat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
80 here in northern Ny & very humid -supposed to have t-storms tonight & then become very hot (90's) & oppressively humid right thru next week-

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was 85 today, but it went down to 72 with the rain. We are expecting some tropical moisture tomorrow. So a lot of rain, and a lot of lightning for us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think today was the absloute worse it was about 109 here, Man this is getting a liitle no alot to much, When it;s like this I don't want to even go to the store

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was only about 96 here today, but the humidity was terrible. Walking outside felt like a wall of heat was crushing you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to be 110 today
what is going on here I hate it, I hate rain to though, I have never seen it so hot for the last 10 years for so long at a time...

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's scorching here too!! Right now it is 96 degrees outside. With the awful humidity here, it feels like it is in the 100's. Our air conditioner has beeing running all day and we have the temperature running in the 60's. It's still soo hot in my house. Tuesday and Wednesday it is going to be 98 and 99 here.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been in the low 100's here for the last few days (107 degrees here today) and is suppose to hover around that (give or take a couple of degrees) for the next several days. And it isn't even August yet.

Thank goodness for the AC.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here in good ole Western Kentucky, the high was 96 w/95% humidity, it was miserably hot, temperature is going to gradually increase over the next 5 days getting to about 100 by Wednesday w/extremely high humidity.

Don't even want to get outside for anything, unless absolutely necessary!!

Thank God for AC's, ours has been running nonstop for days now. Dread the electric bill next month!! But at least we're staying cool!!

Paulena

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is broiling here today and supposed to even worse this week. I am being scolded by my crying furbaby because I shut the windows (she loves to sit in the window sill and watch the birds and cars). Even though she is a semi-long hair, the heat hasn't seem to bother her. It is sure bothering me!! I have both air conditioners going full blast and two fans. I do not even want to imagine my electric bill. I even took a cold shower and I am still sweating.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I hate to say, but the heat is finally getting to me. all winter I was FREEZING. Now I'm sweating and we don't have air. We have a basement, but it smells since the main drain backed up last November, so we don't look forward to going down there.

But, we're drinking plenty of liquids, and trying to stay cool. My only regret now is not cooking the pot Roast earlier this month...it's about to go so I have in the slow cooker. I KNOW that's not making my life any better

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you could plug in the slow cooker in the garage???
We can't even get a window air conditioner due to having casement windows-those types of a/c units are hard to find in the 1st place!!
Putting the cool wet towel around my neck feels pretty good though!!