So here is my new haircolor... May Be too funky for some!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your hair looks great! I am terrified of dying my hair or anything that requires regular maintenance! If I want a slightly different color, all I have to do is part my hair a different way!

One of my best friends in High School could dye her hair black like that (that red would look good on her too!). I think she has some American Indian in her but her skin is pretty light. She has dark kind of mysterious eyes and these gorgeous angled features. This is the girl who had a purple pleather dress for prom and had green tips put in the end of her hair, and looked fabulous. The year before we found her prom dress in a second hand store (and she did a few alterations) and she wore it with white angle wings. Her date wore a huge black and red feather boa.

At one point she had bleached a little of her hair right in the front and had some colors in there. Well she decided to change that, so she bleached her whole head and dyed her hair PINK! Except the area that had been bleached already before went to orange and yellow. Her hair seriously looked like a sunset! And on her it was soooo pretty! I couldn't get over it! I could never pull that off...but she's got that personality and confidence! I saw her last winter and she's back to black hair and looking great!

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

And i've noticed i have a combination of really fine thin strands and really thick black. It's so weird!!!
My hair is like that. The thicker (more wiry feeling strands) are dark, the tinner ones are soft and more light brown/reddish. I have my Grandma's coloring with my Dad's thickness. I think the dark thick strands may come from him too.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love it! I cant even put my hair up decently! I'd love to have colors layered in my hair like that. Wouldn't even know what to call it when going to a salon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Love it! I cant even put my hair up decently! I'd love to have colors layered in my hair like that. Wouldn't even know what to call it when going to a salon.
You know what, this is really bad... I dont remember what it is called either... Wow and I still do hair
(only for my sister, bf, and me) Usually you can bring in pictures for your stylist (we love pictures, at least I do) that way they can see the color your looking to get to (we use swatches too) and the technique used... Im sure not knowing the word for it will be ok... Usually they can grasp what your tryin to explain...

Yeah Im glad you guys like it... My bf hates it! Called me a freak (just for that Im going to keep doing my hair like this for awhile), he is just jealous cuz he cant rock the red...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like it on you Trixie - its cool looking. I'm picturing if you would have done it blonde instead of the red - the red does look better IMO. Blonde would be too much of a contrast like I mentioned

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I do like it on you Trixie - its cool looking. I'm picturing if you would have done it blonde instead of the red - the red does look better IMO. Blonde would be too much of a contrast like I mentioned
I agree, it wasnt looking right blonde (wasnt blonde enough either)... Im glad I went with red... I really want to do hot pink underneath, but I dont think my work will go for it... Heck they may have a problem with this... although it is easy to hide since I only did a small section (hardly noticable with my hair down)...