SO Food

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The food I've been feeding Austin -Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy - is on back order and they have no idea when it might be available. He used to eat the pate, but wants no part of it now, so that's not an option. The vet did tell me it was fine to feed him Fancy Feast classic, so he's getting some wet food to supplement the dry RC Urinary SO, but I want to get another SO wet food for him. Does anyone have any recommendations? I know this is not the best food, but he's done well on it so far.

Catjoan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a cat with bad kidneys and my vet recommended any Royal canine food that he would eat. Supposedly any fish flavor of any food is not good for these types of issues. Did you try Sheba. Cats usually like in the pate?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hills prescription foods as well as Purina. Depending on why you are using the S/O might make a difference in which food you would need. If it's for kidney disease, that might be one food, if for crystals, that might be a different food. You might need to call each manufacturer to ask which one, then get a prescription for it from your Vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hills prescription foods as well as Purina. Depending on why you are using the S/O might make a difference in which food you would need. If it's for kidney disease, that might be one food, if for crystals, that might be a different food. You might need to call each manufacturer to ask which one, then get a prescription for it from your Vet.
It's for crystals he had in the past, not kidney disease. I tried calling the vets office today but they were off at a meeting. I think the only other kind they have on their store site is Hills. I'll try calling again tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat with bad kidneys and my vet recommended any Royal canine food that he would eat. Supposedly any fish flavor of any food is not good for these types of issues. Did you try Sheba. Cats usually like in the pate?
It's not for kidney disease, to prevent crystals because he had them in the past. I'm looking specifically for an SO food, I don't think Sheba makes that, do they? He does get Fancy Feast Classic Pate.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Just ran across this post. Purina One has both a dry and canned version - non-prescription - for urinary care, as does Wysong. You could at least look them up on the internet and see what you think of them.