So Excited!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im so sorry you lost such a great friend and Larry lost his sitter. Sending my condolences to you all.

I am glad your vacation was such a success.

Did she pass in the hallway near your door? Could that be why Larry keeps going to the door maybe he doesnt understand what happened or maybe he does? Poor Larry

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a shock to come home from your wonderful vacation to this news
. I am so sorry about your friend and cat sitter. How awful for her family too

I am glad you had a great vacation, sounds like it was perfect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

................Did she pass in the hallway near your door? Could that be why Larry keeps going to the door maybe he doesnt understand what happened or maybe he does? Poor Larry
She did, actually. Apparently, she was coming back from going to the store, got off the elevator, and collapsed just as she turned the corner in the hallway, which is just steps away from our doors. There must have been alot of commotion, EMTs working on her. I'm sure Larry heard it all, and heard voices he recognized.

I went to the wake on Saturday, and it was so good seeing her family and friends gathering together, all the pictures, being able to talk to neighbors and mill around. It was actually healing for me, which, I guess, is sort of one of the purposes of a wake. Her family is very strong and very close-knit, so I'm sure they'll get through this by pulling together.

Funeral is this morning, and I've decided to attend, and go in late to work. People at my job won't mind, and I really want to pay my respects.

Once again, thanks for all your kind thoughts.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, how incredibly bittersweet! I am so glad that you enjoyed your vacation hun, but that is very sad news about your friend...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor Larry, I would say you are right with all of the commotion going on outside the door, he probably didnt know what to think. At least you are home with him now and things can get somewhat back to normal for him.

Still sending good thoughts that way for a very sad time