So confused...is gizmo really a pregnant girl kitten?

remkah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol. Ridiculous question. I've raised many cats in life. I'm fostering 2 bottle Fed kittens. I was told about 3wks when I g oink that them 3wks ago. I thought gizmo is the boy. But he's a tiny little guy with a suddenly huge firm belly and I can feel something that I'd think we're kittens. Maybe they were wrong on age? I don't even think they're really just kittens. Sure don't act like kittens. I love them none the less. Can you tell me does gizmo look like a boy? I can also feel little nipples! They're eating solid food that I add water to soften and tuna but still on bottles. They can't seem to grasp the drinking from bowl or they're just lazy. Thanx in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you post a picture of the two kittens? Full pictures so we can see how old they are?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are too young to be pregnant with kittens. A round tummy can be normal in a kitten, but it can also mean a kitten has worms and needs worming medicine.

Male cats have nipples too. I can't really say for sure from your pictures whether the kitten is male or female.

You said you are fostering. Is it for a rescue organization?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

remkah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi thank you. I thought I was losing my mind for a second there. Umm.sorta. the kittens were taken to shelter and ordered to be put down at 8pm that night. There was no prior info about them. I thought worms too but know no signs or visual of anything.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So will you be paying for them yourself?

The kitten may also just need to poop, or he's maybe just full from eating! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

remkah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the most part yes. There is some vet fees covered it's just 2hours away n no car just motorcycle. Not the best idea for kittens.only once in emergency with the one that was put to sleep. I've been searching for low cost near me since I'm about to lose my housig. No poop . I think just full. He is a lil piglet.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would suggest to deworm them. If you think a kitten is that round to the point you suggest a pregnancy, that is not just a full kitten (a big belly is sign enough - usually you don't notice anything). Deworm them soon, then again 2 weeks later (as there can be eggs remaining that pop 2 weeks after the first time). They should become normally sized again. If not, then there's possibly something else wrong. How does the belly feel itself? If you gently feel it; soft, hard, like a balloon etc?

Last edited: