So, any suggestions on what to do?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I kind of got the same feeling Victor, that maybe you are in a position to have more money to spend and that you (not intentionally I'm sure) make your friends feel inferior which would certainly cause them to become back-biting especially at such a young age when they have not yet matured enough to handle these kind of issues.

I personally question the motives of any guy who overly compliments me or tries to buy me. In my younger days I would always refuse gifts from gentlemen whom I did not know well and especially expensive gifts.

But, that's me and my own personal feelings and opinions.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tee hee call me evil, but you should let it get around that as you are friends with a lot of super girls, you are in a unique position...you have their ear, you can speak well of the guys you know, or let it be known when you are being treated poorly by one of them.

They should treat you better, and try to learn something from you...envy truly is a green-headed monster.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have been with my boyfriend since Feb now Victor and I sure would be embarrased if he brought me some expensive gift and we have been friends (now best!) for over four years - I would be extremely happy with a chocolate bar or a lipbalm or something, although we have agreed not to exchange gifts. Good luck Victor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TTMom

Who's calling you a ladies man, the guys or the girls?
The guys. The girls just say they like me an awful lot.

Samantha, I am sure you don't know this, but... if I was to give a girl lip balm, the question they would make would be "Do I kiss THAT bad?"

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's just the guys, ignore them. They're jealous. And you're right on cosmetic gifts. Girls tend to question them unless they're closely involved with the giver as a friend or lover. 80 bucks is a lot to spend on a gift for someone you're not yet dating, though. I too would question it if that were to happen to me. How about this. Give her a nice romantic card and if she says yes to being your girlfriend you can then give her the gift.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yoviher

The guys. The girls just say they like me an awful lot.

Samantha, I am sure you don't know this, but... if I was to give a girl lip balm, the question they would make would be "Do I kiss THAT bad?"
Hmm I'd appreciate it - but anyways!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TTMom

If it's just the guys, ignore them. They're jealous. And you're right on cosmetic gifts. Girls tend to question them unless they're closely involved with the giver as a friend or lover. 80 bucks is a lot to spend on a gift for someone you're not yet dating, though. I too would question it if that were to happen to me. How about this. Give her a nice romantic card and if she says yes to being your girlfriend you can then give her the gift.
Well, honestly I do not dare say I have not been dating her. Nor do I dare say I HAVE been dating her. Its because the main reason I have managed to break somewhat through her shyness is because when I found out she was a movie buff, I just invited her to a movie she had not seen, yet wanted to. And then to another one, and so on. And for the past month or more, we have been sticking around each other going constantly to see some movie. Now, the two movies she wants to see are National Treasure (I have seen it and loved it, but I am telling her I haven't and that sounds interesting so as to go together) and Ocean's Twelve (we both are fans of Ocean's Eleven, including the original one which was done so many years ago). Thats where the friendship started becoming somewhat functional: Because one fine day I told her I was interested in seeing a movie, and then asked her for her phone number to coordinate it.

There is something I have been thinking: How about a poem? You know, just a little romantic poem to give her along with the gift, and that I can somehow link with Christmas... thats something very in vogue around here, to find a poem for the girl. Or... perhaps that could do the romantic card thing you are talking about... I just would need to find a poem.