SO annoyances ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has really been a pretty cool thread! Just seeing the range of "life's little annoyances" that our SO's are able to come up with
!

For the record I don't have to deal with the toilet seat thing, we keep BOTH lids down. Melichus (RB) trained us well in that respect after the first time he fell in the toilet as a kitten (right after I had warned Sunny to keep the lid down!) I had seen Mel nosing around the bathroom, saw that somebody had forgotten to put the lid down (again!) and just let nature take its course. After the splash I fished a very irritated and wet kitten out and plopped him into Sunny's lap. He never forgot again

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a tip for putting up and stopping the "snoring" . I read this somewhere and it works but annoying to them!!! Just lightly touch their nose or cheek when they are snoring. This should make them either roll over and it stops or wakes them up to ask what you are doing. Or move to another bedroom with a pillow over your head in case it doesn't work!!

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
JakkieS, I am right there with you!

Ever since I got pregnant...I have NO patience. And nine times out of ten, I find myself counting backwards from 20 at least 3 times a day to keep from murdering him!!
The worse thing he does, is he will come home from work, and start his "post work strip tease" which invloves walking through the house and undressing. I come in and his greasy jeans (hes a mechanic) are in the living room. I kick those all the way down the hall where I encounter a nasty shirt, and one sock...wait a minute...two socks...and his boxers! Lo and behold, there he is in the shower....so, I inform him that our house is not one giant hamper for him to dispose his greasy duds throughout.

I will give him a job to do...like now he has to scoop the litterboxes, and my requirement is that each litterbox is to have a little sprinkle of fresh litter after each scoop..that way, my older finicky cat doesnt realize shes sharing a litterbox, and that avoids a mishap in the floor and a bitter husband. Does he do this??? Nope. Does he mop that bathroom floor every day? You betcha.

The other day, he was supposed to be vaccuuming the bedrooms...I walk down the hall, and the tv is on and hes dancing to that commercial about the jeans with the song "The Boys Are Back In Town." He almost had that vaccuum cleaner as an extension of his anatomy.

He screams at the television while watching football. Examples: "What the H*!! is that??" and "Are you kidding me??? Stop him, Stop Him!" and "Come on Ref! Throw a Flag!" and then he punches the floor.

But he has a lot of good points too. But they arent as fun to list as the annoying ones

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by diane8704

]The other day, he was supposed to be vaccuuming the bedrooms...I walk down the hall, and the tv is on and hes dancing to that commercial about the jeans with the song "The Boys Are Back In Town." He almost had that vaccuum cleaner as an extension of his anatomy.
Awww. Diane! He seems fun!!

Mine is fairly good about alot of things..He cooks eggs perfectly and makes a mean steak..We share domestic chores, which is nice because he can be a man's man (or a boy's boy) at times so you wouldn't expect it..But I credit his domestic ability to losing his mum at a very young age...He HAD to learn laundry, cooking, etc.. He doesn't leave the toilet seat up but he does make a mess when he cooks..There are splatters and crumbs everywhere! He also pretends he hates the cats but then you should see him cuddling with them at night..