So angry with my marketing web service

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can hardly contain myself tonight. About a month ago I subscribed to the sister site of my holiday marketing company, so that I would have a web page in French alongside the very successful English web page that has brought me most of my clients till now. Several times in the last month I have checked the site but no ad appeared for me, although they had said the translation might take some time. Meanwhile I have received several phone calls from prospective clients asking how far I am from Futuroscope, a huge science theme park around 150 miles from here. I thought they were idiots or very optimistic re travelling times.

So last night I had an email asking to rent the gite over Christmas, followed by another one today for new year, and an enquiry about Easter. I thought this was great, and that the new site was working well. Then the old question about Futuroscope but this time I found out why. To cut things short, I have discovered that the reason I could not find my page is because I have been listed as being in the wrong Department, under the wrong name though all my other details are fine and people must have been confused wondering why I was praising the delights of Normandy from so far south.

So I have apologised to all my correspondents and sent a furious email to the site owners. At the very least I want a refund for the time I have been on the site so far, but goodness knows how many bookings I may have lost. Grrrrrr. Rant rant

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Jenny, the incompetence of others is frustrating. I hope you get what you want. However, if you speak with them and suggest some sort of credit (instead of a refund), sometimes businesses are more receptive to that idea. Some businesses perceive a refund request to be a slap in the face/rejection/permanent goodbye.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In fact that is what I have done - asked that my subscription start from the day they move my listing to the correct place.