So a strange kitty came wandering in today...

littlewolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen this kitty about in the street in front of the house. It hangs around waiting for some attention. I've seen many kitties like this before. Kitties that have a home nearby but insist on flopping right over on their back ad saying LOVE ME PLEASE.

So this kitty wanders into the living room where my Eli fluff is on the couch with us saying 'Oh hello :0'

Eli immediately goes 'Oh hell no' and chases him into the kitchen. I pick Eli up by the scruff and shut the kitchen door. Poor stranger cat just looks at me blankly like 'I just wanted to say hello :0' and hangs around the kitchen, but is more interested in tummy rubs than food. So much so that when I opened the back door he rolled over for more tummy rubs on the steps leading to the back garden he nearly rolled right through them.

I usher my Eli back to the living room asking why he has to be such a territorial meanie, especially when we both know he's a total pussycat and I will never love another kitty more than him. He growls and hisses, sulkingly back to the living room. 'I was doing what I was supposed to dammit!' I hiss right back at him until he shuts up, slinks back to the couch and I pet him.

Oh poor Eli, your masculinity was under such threat : p

Here is a picture of stranger kitty from about a month prior to this visitation

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor Eli, I can understand why his feelings were hurt.

Judging by the colours I'd say the stranger cat is a girl.

Male torbies and tortoiseshells are very rare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlewolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was about to say, aren't torties almost always female? Through I was surprised to see such a clear stripey tabby pattern and such pale tortie splotches I wondered if it was another coat pattern altogether. Is this pattern referred to as 'torbie'? And such a teeny tiny delicate cat compared to my Eli. Must be a ladycat.

A year ago, I saw he had a longhaired seal point little girlfriend that would come waiting for him at the bottom of the garden and they'd go sneaking off together. Aside from that I've never seen him interact with other kitties much. He tends to keep himself to himself and doesn't travel out of earshot of me... Ever.

I kind of hoped he'd be more of a social kitty XD

Stranger kitty just seemed totally bemused by the aggression. Is it that time of year? For kitty.... Err... Mischief?

I'm a canine and equine expert.. Don't know too much about cats :p

My Eli quickly gets over such upsets though. We're totally in love with eachother. Oh, and I dont know too much about genetics and coat color expression, but my Eli's mother was a tortie and many of his siblings were all ginger.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's always the right time of year for kitty mischief. 

But Eli is neutered, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlewolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he is (poor guy lol). If he doesn't like strange women this much I'm doubly sure he's not going to have to make any child support payments.

There must be something in the air; another stranger ginger stripey kitty with interesting splotches decided to follow me all the way from my aerial hoop class yesterday.

Last edited: