Snuggi the medical mystery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amcm74

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Snuggi is a girl. Its her blight in life to be forever thought of as a boy. Even her SPCA card said male. Even after I signed the papers and my husband said "So what is with this scar on her stomach?" They said it was from her spay. I jaw dropped and pointed out her paperwork is male. Even her vet and techs call her a boy. 

View media item 165364

amcm74

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Snuggi seems a lot better. She is up and moving much more. No more lounging on the bed. She is perching herself on an old trunk to look out the window and watch the world. The vet called today and we scheduled her next appt and labs on the 1st. So hoping that things look good then

newkittenmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Snuggi looks so cute! I love the facial expressions! I am so happy to hear that he is moving around more! You are such a good mama
Great job with nursing your kitty back to health.

imbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh so glad to hear she is feeling so much better!  Poor thing, everyone misjudging her gender, she sure doesn't look like a boy with those dainty feet and elegant face.  Hope she keeps improving, with luck she'll just improve back to normal and this will a blip in her medical history.  Best wishes to you all.

amcm74

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Snuggi saw the vet on Monday, Blood and urine values almost normal. She was more active. The vet is thinking we caught an early stage descending kidney bladder infection. It's very important to know your cat and question the slightest change. The vet said it was that observations that had us catch her illness before she was to far gone to save. She goes back in to more weeks for more blood work

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So does he think she can make a complete recovery?

amcm74

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! She should be over this completely if we keep going at the rate we are. <3