Snowi

ntorres1031

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As most of you know, I rescued a three-year old feral last August.  He is doing great.  He still doesn't trust me 100%; he comes close, but does not let me touch him.  He eats like a dog.  He's gained weight.  He loves to play with the laser lights.  I am patient.  But I do hope that some day he'll let me touch him.  He is happy.  He has a wonderful home.  He does meow early in the morning and as soon as I get home from work because he's hungry.  Even though I leave dry food out he still wants his wet food.  He plays with my other three house cats.  They give me such happiness.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
 he comes close, but does not let me touch him.
Tx for the wonderful update!   Had you tried to pet him only when he is comfortably laying somewhere higher, like on a sofa or a bed?

I had noticed some shy cats dont like very much to be petted when on the floor, they prefer to be higher up. It is not only my shy resident, but also adopted ex-ferales.

Does he yawns when you are coming near? Or stretching himself?  Or when laying down, streching one paw forward?   It is not "lazy cat" or "sleepy cat" but friendly greetings...

Good luck!