Snowbells in labor!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very nice to hear, thank you both. Really its a relief to hear that people understand. I am now bottle feeding slush who gains some at night then looses some during the day. Not really getting anywhere. Lost 4 grams then gained 5g back now lost 5g today. I know she/he is getting some food down but not enough. Snows lower 4 "milk jugs" are too full for the kittens to latch on. I guess loosing one kitten has thrown off the milk process. I am trying to help her out with little success. I heard you can give fishmox (I don't know the spelling) to cats. Dose anyone no anything about that. I do tree squirrel rescue as well and some use it on them when they can't find a squirrel wise vet. Im asking because if that antibiotic works for cats and Snow ends up with a breast infection, I wouldn't necessarily need to take her to the vet.
Maiden is not loosing but not gaining fast enough, only 2g from this morning. And now Jem who was my big girl lost 2g today so I started a little supplement today. Only after feeding on mum. I do not want to effect Duchess's milk production. Both queens are in heat again does that have any effect on milk or interest in the kittens? I have never noticed it before but Duchess is making me force her into the nest to deal with crying kits. Btw a couple of eyes are starting to open! Duchess will lay outside the nest and watch her babies crawling and screaming and just look at me like "you guna get that?" Maybe my hand feeding them has something to do with that? Duke always comes looking for me after he is done system the milk bar instead of sleeping in the Kitten pile like the rest and I don't even feed him. He is over 200g tonight. Fat man! So now hand rearing 3 and if Snow gets to the point that she can't nurse that's will be 5! I don't think ill take any new queens till August lol I'm so so tired :D Love those babies anyway! Yes, I home school year round so this time off is fine for the kids. I let my oldest 3 help and the younger 4 help with water/food/litter. They do grumbling at times but they love it. They gave the little ones a sweet funeral that I had to wear all black to because its just proper! Lol