Snow,snow and more snow

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Schools are closed here today due to snow being in the forecast, it snowed for about 20 minutes and none of it stuck to the ground though. It may snow again later this evening.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They've closed the major interstate about a mile from me. You can normally see if from the window - but today you can't even see the neighbor's place less than 1/2 mile from me due to blowing snow! Can you say - SNOWDAY?!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They can't get an accurate measurement of the snow around here because the wind is so strong its just blowing it into drifts. It's probably knee deep. I spent an hour shoveling today and only got a path out my front and back doors, a path on the deck in case my 2 indoor/outdoor cats actually want to venture outside (NOT), and the drift out of the driveway. Then the wind came back and rebuilt it all. I had a drift against the back door this morning and got it open enough to let the dogs out but had to shovel my way out once the sun came out.

We're not used to this extreme weather. The snow is bad enough but it's frigid cold. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 3(F) and Saturday's high is 0(F). With the wind chills it's supposed to be -50F. I know you Canadians are probably snickering at me, but I'm a lot further south than you and I don't have that thick northern blood to keep me warm.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

They can't get an accurate measurement of the snow around here because the wind is so strong its just blowing it into drifts. It's probably knee deep. I spent an hour shoveling today and only got a path out my front and back doors, a path on the deck in case my 2 indoor/outdoor cats actually want to venture outside (NOT), and the drift out of the driveway. Then the wind came back and rebuilt it all. I had a drift against the back door this morning and got it open enough to let the dogs out but had to shovel my way out once the sun came out.

We're not used to this extreme weather. The snow is bad enough but it's frigid cold. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 3(F) and Saturday's high is 0(F). With the wind chills it's supposed to be -50F. I know you Canadians are probably snickering at me, but I'm a lot further south than you and I don't have that thick northern blood to keep me warm.
Not this Canadian. You have my sympathy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've finally warmed UP to 0 F!!!! This is the warmest it's been in over a week!
Talk about cold snap.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the middle of a heat wave here
42c/108f for the next 3-4 days, then it will cool down a bit.