• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Yay, snow!

Hey, Heidi,
I live at 6219 feet. Do you live in Jefferson County? Put your address in here and you can find out your elevation. http://ww14.co.jefferson.co.us/awiz/
That is such a cool site! It says that our elevation is 5467, but our GPS says we're at ~5600.

I'm actually excited about the snow too.
Ask me again in February and I might have a different answer.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard that forecast this afternoon and was sooo glad we moved back to (relatively) flat land a few weeks ago! Where we did live in the mts is expected to get a foot of snow!!

Where we are now is just under a mile, about 5000 ft above sea level.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Awww.... I'm anxiously awaiting snow
Me too! We haven't had a white Christmas in over 4 years! My SIL hasen't even gotten in on the tradition of getting up at baybreak on Chrsitmas day & sledding until your behind freezes to the sled yet! lol

I like snow, I HATE ice. Snow makes the world seem so new, clean, crisp...and of course, turn the doggies loose & watch them look at me with hateful eyes that their precious big feet are wet!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by steve'n'tiggy

It was a perfect day here in South Carolina today. It was about 80 and a light breeze blowing in the pines, sunshine and moonbeams here!
Please keep that good weather a-comin'
I am supposed to go to Myrtle Beach from Oct. 8-12, for my FIL's WWII/ Iwo Jima survivors convention! Our older vets would really appreciate mild temps, esp. as some are coming from Michigan, New York and Massachussetts.

No snow here, but our local mountains have dipped below freezing. It was 38 here the other morning, but our weather is very temperamental. Last month it was 96 in the pm and 40 in the am; today it was 70 but tonight is expected to be 48 - fickle weather

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so funny to think that over the water you could be getting snow!
I just heard our forecast and it's getting warmer here with a high of 27˚C!!

But they say it will be followed by 'tropical' storms!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sun is shining but its cold

Its supposed to be warmer today but it doesnt feel like it!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Fran, are you prediceted the tail ends of the tropical storm too?
Not sure? but if you are getting it then we are too i guess!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's funny you started this thread, Heidi, because just yesterday my coworker and I were discussing how we think it is going to be a cold winter. We don't get snow here, but the Canadian Geese are visiting our little lake next to my office all ready. It seems early for them to be here, so that was out sign. This morning it is about 60 degrees which seems cool for us.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

That is such a cool site! It says that our elevation is 5467, but our GPS says we're at ~5600.

I'm actually excited about the snow too.
Ask me again in February and I might have a different answer.
Now Heidi, you know our weather does not recognize seasons. It could be 85F degress in February. We can have all seasons in one week. Like this week started out in the 80s and now we are close to having snow and then it will be back up in the 70s next week

I remember when I first moved to Missouri for college and when winter came, it stayed for 5 months.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well heck, no snow, only rain. But we still have a chance sine it's an upslope and expected to hang around a bit!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I am kinda glad our summers are long here in the south. Its got to like 55 last night and I was freezing! like it was the dead of winter!!

I am so glad we are going to Florida where it will be in the 90s!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Wow! I am kinda glad our summers are long here in the south. Its got to like 55 last night and I was freezing! like it was the dead of winter!!

I am so glad we are going to Florida where it will be in the 90s!!
55?! Come on Brandi.... come over here this morning, it was 30* when I woke up, and I was excited!

Have fun in Florida!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

55?! Come on Brandi.... come over here this morning, it was 30* when I woke up, and I was excited!

Have fun in Florida!!
Nope I live in the South for a reason!!
The occasional snow we get here is plenty for me. If I want snow I will visit a little further north!!
30 is really cold! For September too! Yikes!! They are predicting a cold winter for us here.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The reminder of the snow coming is not making my day get any better!

I cannot believe that summer is almost over and winter is well on it's way... it's just a pity this freak storm is on it's way and we are getting unusually warm weather for the end of september!

Here I am sitting in a little vest and skirt!

huffypeg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Snow!! Wow! That's amazing. It's my dream to one day live in a cool climate and experience a snowy winter. I see what you mean though about it being a bit early, cos it's only the start of Autumn for the Northern Hemisphere. In Sydney today - it's early Spring and we have Summer temperatures. It's hot and blowy and a bit unpleasant. This is also wrong.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have great newS for me anyways!
It didn't snow here after all! the first day of autumn here was beautiful.