Sneezing

LuxBear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has been sneezing for six days now (since Saturday). He doesn’t seem to be sick or have any other symptoms other than occasional daily sneezing. Nothing has changed in the house so I’m not sure what it could be. He’s eating, drinking, peeing, pooping normal. Could it just be a weather thing? It’s so weird. From what I’ve read if it was an illness there would be other symptoms like runny eyes & nose etc. Should we see the doctor? Thanks!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I see your point in that no other symptoms are present. What we don't know is whether or not one could present, in which case you would more than likely go to the vet. Even if absolutely nothing changes though, this could be an allergy of some kind. Secondarily, if something is stuck in his nose (which I had happen with a puppy years ago who inhaled a small piece of plant material), he will remain in discomfort. If there were to be something in his nose or respiratory passage and it moves, it becomes serious and will need extensive removal.

Yes, the last scenario is probably not likely, but if the sneezing keeps up for another day, I would call the vet. If the vet finds absolutely nothing, it will probably only amount to an office visit.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go to the vet. That’s a lot of sneezing!