Sneezing Nose

cat marcum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat a few weeks ago was pulling out her hair on her paws. I had been trying different foods for her as she had gotten picky about what she wanted to eat. The vet felt it was just a food allergy reaction, gave her a cortisone shot and the behavior stopped and she hasn't had any issue since plus is eating great again. Then Wednesday at 2:30 AM she woke me up sneezing. She sleeps right beside me and sneezed about 6 times. I checked her eyes and nose as she had no discharge. I took her to the vet again as the sneezing continued that morning The vet said she had a slight temperature little over 103 and her lungs are clear. Still no discharge from nose or eyes. The vet recommended an antibiotic shot but she is still sneezing - not as much maybe once every 2 to 3 hours and then nothing for a long time. Has anyone else every had a sneezing cat? I've owned two cats one for 19 years and never had them with just sneezing. Nothing in the house has been changed, not using any new litter so I am stumped. She is eating, playing, going to her box normally.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible the stress from the trip to the vet has caused her to develop a little upper respiratory infection. It could also be airborne allergies. Did she get the antibiotic shot?