Sneaky Kitty! Catproofing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10013100
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 10013100

Hi all,

My beautiful 2 year old is a very sweet, but very sneaky kitty.

Recently, she opened up one of the cabinets in the kitchen and climbed into it. In this particular cabinet are various chemicals that I am afraid she would get into. There is also an access to some pipes that lead into the wall that she would be able to climb into.

I am so scared and would never want her to get hurt, any advice on how to potentially child proof/cat proof the cabinet so she cannot open it and get in?

Thanks so much!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have open handles and there are two doors, you could put a dowel rod or something similar between them. Kitty shouldn't be able to get in. I have also used self-adhesive Velcro on doors that overlay the cabinet front. A few pieces of that kept my wannabe alley cat out of the trash can.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are child locks for most drawers and cabinets. I have also used bungee cords if they are double cabinets with handles.

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used these to prevent my cats from opening a cabinet and getting the trash. The magnet requires 25 pounds of force to open. Installs with only 3 screws.

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used these to prevent my cats from opening a cabinet and getting the trash. The magnet requires 25 pounds of force to open. Installs with only 3 screws.
This site doesn't seem to like amazon links and I can't find how to edit a post.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
D

Deleted member 10013100

Thanks so much for the help!