Smudge's Colorado Cafe

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dogs are cool- you can train them and make them do things for you!

I’ll try a Tropical Breakfast Parfait. Something sweet to start the night when the servants are so lazily sleeping.  
I have trained both our dogs to be scared of me!  Actually, it's the dog's fault.  When the older dog was a puppy she and I were buds and slept together in her bed.  Now she's a big sissy dog and won;t let anyone on her bed except the other dog - sometimes.  Now, the OTHER dog, who is a little guy, LIKES some of us, and one kitty even snuggles with him in his bed.  Go figure.  ..

I'd like to order now.  That corn cake breakfast stack with maple butter sounds fantastic!  Maybe a catmilkshake to chase it down.  Make it a double! ...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have trained both our dogs to be scared of me! 
Our Grandmeowmie's cat Bunny had both her dogs scared of her.  Abby still is; but Tasha has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. 

Somewhere around here I've seen a picture of one of Grandmeowmie's cat's in the dog's bed; while the dog was on the floor looking sad.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Somewhere around here I've seen a picture of one of Grandmeowmie's cat's in the dog's bed; while the dog was on the floor looking sad.
When any of us get in the dog's bed, she will usually make sad faces at dad to get him to kick us off.  Mom won't do it.  She says if the dog wants her bed bad enough she'll figure it out.  Thing is, she does!  She burrows under the big cushion and dumps us off!  Not too dumb - for a dog!  .

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

When any of us get in the dog's bed, she will usually make sad faces at dad to get him to kick us off.  Mom won't do it.  She says if the dog wants her bed bad enough she'll figure it out.  Thing is, she does!  She burrows under the big cushion and dumps us off!  Not too dumb - for a dog!  .

Hmm....not Grandmeowmie's dogs!  I think they know to just bow to the grumpies that are Bunny.  She rules/ruled them both with an iron paw!  Thing is; she knows how to butter the humans up acting all sweet and cuddly.  I think she's pretty pawesome!  The humans do too.  They just don't appreciate her preference for nature's litter box aka. the great outdoors.  Bunny; she brings the natural roots back!

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Hmm....not Grandmeowmie's dogs!  I think they know to just bow to the grumpies that are Bunny.  She rules/ruled them both with an iron paw!  Thing is; she knows how to butter the humans up acting all sweet and cuddly.  I think she's pretty pawesome!  The humans do too.  They just don't appreciate her preference for nature's litter box aka. the great outdoors.  Bunny; she brings the natural roots back!
I wonder why dogs use nature’s litter box. It’s such an unclean variety to our clean ones filled with nice soft litter. Meowmy always thinks I’m scared when I watch her scoop the litter, but I’m really spying on her to check if she’s scooped everything out. Right afterwards I always do a secret examination- but she never leaves anything behind. I’m just dying for that day when she misses something and then I can go into evil kitty mode and scold her.

Today I think I’ll start my day with an Orange Sherbet Slushy and some corn cake breakfast stacks with maple butter.
Sounds good to me- Chef Emeril LeChat is purr-fectly talented, by the way, and you have great customer service.

Last edited:

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Meowmy always thinks I’m scared when I watch her scoop the litter, but I’m really spying on her to check if she’s scooped everything out.
At least you wait until she's done!  Our Autumn (aka "Grunt") just jumps right in while mom's trying to "flush our toilet".  Good thing we have 4 litter potties, mom can always go rake out another one while Autumn (aka "Grunt!") satisfies her strange hobby of litter-lurking. ..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need one of those Moroccan Catnip Tea Cocktail quick please!  Some monster keeps roaring outside up and down our street!  It happens every time it snows.  Meowmie says it's a snowplow.  I think snowplows must be monsters trying to eat the road up!!  They keep waking Mooch and I up.  We need our beauty rest you know!  Thank goodness we have Smudges to come to to unwind and enjoy some kitty klasics on that jukebox!  I'm ready to "scratch a rug!"

-Noodles

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll have some Long Island Iced Tea. I need a cold refreshing drink- the house is so  hot right now. The servants just cannot fix the A/C! Why can't they just fix it? 

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   .. It's hot there now?  We thought WE were having a heat wave.  It's been in the mid-50's here.  That's warm for February!  Mom even had the windows open today and yesterday!  It was great!  We're all about ready to turn in for the night.  Ginger lemon dessert cups sound like a good late night snack.  And maybe some warm cream! ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Our Valentine's Day Menu

Appetizers

Stuffed Artichoke Hearts
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms
Carly's Brie Cheese Fondue

Entrees

Crispy Rack of Lamp with Honey and Marscapone with Truffled Mash

Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli with Crouton Salad

Radicchio and Mushroom Chicken Roulade with Simple Steamed Spinach

Desserts
Chocolate-Raspberry Marscapone Bars
Chef Emeril LeChat's Chocolate Lava Cake
Fudge Truffle Cheesecake

Enjoy.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Valentines Day!  ..
Oh my gosh!  The bacon wrapped stuffed mushrooms, spinach and mushroom ravioli, and chocolate truffle cheesecake for me!  Sounds heavenly!

Hope you all have a terrific day!  We won't.  Mom WAS going to take the d-o-g-s to PetSmart for V. Day and get them something but we woke up to mud, rain, and wind, so they're all staying home.  Bummer...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Valentine's Day! I didn't get a present and I'm not allowed to eat the chocolate the humans are stuffing their faces with, so I'll have all the appetizers, all the entrees and all the desserts! I'm starving!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy Valentine's Day! I didn't get a present and I'm not allowed to eat the chocolate the humans are stuffing their faces with, so I'll have all the appetizers, all the entrees and all the desserts! I'm starving!

:flail: :flail: :flail:

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
 Mogli- I know, right? It’s like today is some special holiday where the servants can indulge and leave us starving.

Chef Emeril, I’m going to order a HUGE Valentine’s feast for Mogli, Bee Gee, Abby, Mooch, Noodles, and all of the other kitties. Maybe one of each appetizer, entrée and dessert?

Thanks!

Gracie

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Gracie! Our humans left us out too! First they spent the day out with the kids do that was nice. But then they called Grandmeowmie and Purpaw to watch them. They came home with a mini cheesecake and didn't share even though Noodles remained a respectable distance by staying on her own couch cushion... I guess we should have expected it. Meowmie doesn't even like to share her chocolate with Daddy!!

They did get us new collars yesterday. Noodles took one sniff and ran away. She's been in her Christmas collar for over a year because she won't let meowmie take it off. Mine is so frayed looking...i was overdue!! I'll look stunning now!

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Gracie!

Maybe Noodles wants it to be Christmas all year, so she keeps her collar on. Wouldn't that be great - a tree with cat toys all year long? Do you break a lot of the Christmas cat toys, too?

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Gracie!  That's mighty generous of you!  The parental units aren't giving us the minimum daily requirement of attention today.     We could gang up on them and make their life miserable! 
Nah!  We'll go easy on them today.  Let them wonder what we're planning........  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No neither of us break those.  One of the furless kids broke one this year.  She took it when Meowmie wasn't looking and then when she saw that Meowmie knew what she had and was going to take it away she threw it on the kitchen floor!
  Meowmie said our Daddy gave it to her when they were engaged.  Meowmie was pretty upset.  She got some fancy glue to fix it; but I haven't seen her try to yet.

Noodles and I both like to clean our teeth on those bristly branches of the Christmas tree though.  Moewomie makes the tree hiss and then we run away for a while.  I mostly like to sleep there.  It feels like camping; except there is velvet underneath me.  I camp in royal style.

I'm really enjoying these bacon-shrooms. 

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, how can you guys NOT break Christmas ornaments??  We haven't had a Christmas tree for 5 or 6 years!  I think mom has only put one up maybe 3 times in the past 24 years!  We just can't help ourselves  and apparently neither could any of our predecessors! .....    
BEE GEE

Last edited: