Smokette was killed by our neighbors dog yesterday

mlwslb78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy to lose a fur-kid (at least thats what mine are to me
) I would love to be able to talk with you though about the rest of your kitties, maybe via email. We have 23 kitties. 6 under 3 months, 4 at 9 months, and the rest are a year and up all have been rescues and spayed and neutered as soon as appropriate. I haven't encountered any one else out there like me!
Again I am very sorry for your loss.

~Sharon

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I do think you need to report the dog, but I'm afriad that nothing will be done. It sounds as if he is in a fenced in yard and only attacking the animals that come into his territory. A kennel would definitely be a good idea, but I don't think the owner can be forced to put his dog in one if the dog isn't leaving the yard.
Good luck with the situation. Once again, I'm so very sorry about Smokette.

I agree. The dog is in a fenced yard and the cats are coming in it. I can understand ferals and semi-ferals being outside but not pets so while I have sympathy for Smokette, I don't have as much sympathy for your neighbors with outdoor cats. In any event, dealing with dogs and other animals is just sadly part of the life a feral or outdoor cat leads. It has nothing to do with the breed of the dog. I may have missed this but do the owners even know that their dog is killing cats? After they find out, maybe see how they feel about an outdoor dog run? Offer to help pay for it and explain your situation, that's all you can do. The dog has to go outside to go to the bathroom and exercise. It would be cruel to never let a large breed dog into the yard.

I am very sorry for your loss
I'm sure that Smokette felt loved and cared for during her time with you.

strakatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As an owner of many cats and 2 pit bulls I'm very sorry for your loss. It can be very difficult to know what to do in this kind of thing. I hope you are able to find a place your heart to feel better. RIP Smokette

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a horrible thing to happen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace Smokette.