Small request for some vibes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
quick response:

back pain is almost gone... But, since SW mentioned it....now my hip joints feel looser.... no idea if that is because the swelling has gone down or what.

But its down to an annoying ouch if I move the wrong way, but I can walk upright again.

The muscle relaxers doc gave me are a NO. Didn't help, and I think they caused this yucky horrible headache I have today. So no more of those.

I traded the back spasms for a headache

And of course, now I feel how badly I flared my upperback from all the messed up walking I've done these past couple days.

grrrrrrrrrrr.

(I am going to consider bloodtesting though..... I'm in the process of looking for a different doc, and if I get the one I want, he is good bout listening to his patients, and will not hesitate to send for testing.... he's my hubbys doc, and we're trying to get me in to see him)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear your back is feeling better - too bad for the headache, though.

Since you mentioned it, do you know that for a lot of women that periods (generally days leading up to) can trigger backaches? I've had them set off some for me. It has to do with hormones affecting ligaments, and even inflammation. That could account for that looser feel.

Which muscle relaxer did he give you? Maybe someone else has had the bad headache side effect.

Good luck switching docs! Having one that is concerned and will listen... well could be a life saver.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm glad to hear your back is feeling better - too bad for the headache, though.

Since you mentioned it, do you know that for a lot of women that periods (generally days leading up to) can trigger backaches? I've had them set off some for me. It has to do with hormones affecting ligaments, and even inflammation. That could account for that looser feel.

Which muscle relaxer did he give you? Maybe someone else has had the bad headache side effect.

Good luck switching docs! Having one that is concerned and will listen... well could be a life saver.
Baclofen...which does have a headache side effect from what I've read. Ironically I have a bottle of it from a couple yrs back, must be the reason why I didn't take it.

Thx for the info, I did not know that..... I've never had an issue with period and backache prior, but hey there's a first for everything, especially in my screwed up life...

or it feels looser cuz I've spent the last few days all tight and inflammed, so now that its not as bad, it's back to normal which just feels loose comparatively

thx for the info and good wishes... I'm
that hubby's doc will take me on as well. It'll be a pain in the butt for my monthly prescriptions, unless he can give me a couple months at a time... but that's a small price to pay for a doc that listens and will do right by me.